QuickBooks financial software is used by thousands of companies and professional accountants. This amazing accounting software handles complex tasks such as online payments, invoices, payroll, tracking taxes, emails, expenses, handling employees’ salaries, etc at your fingertips. Its latest tools ad features are designed specially to ease the business process of small to medium company owners. But sometimes, QB users face numeorus problems while using this financial application. Sometimes their QuickBooks doesn’t open and after that, an error message just appears stating: QuickBooks Won’t Open.
This usually happens as QB is also not fully free from technical glitches, errors, and bugs. This error causes disappointment among QB users as they get stuck in an uninvited situation because they can’t perform important tasks.
All in all, if you are encountering such an issue then read the entire article to resolve it.
What happens when QuickBooks won’t open Error occurs?
When you try to open the software, then you encounter an error (Quickbooks won’t Open). Symptoms of QuickBooks doesn’t open or start
- Hanging of the system
- QuickBooks Desktop Freezes
- Sluggish response
- Slow response of computer to mouse and keyboard
- Company File of QuickBooks doesn’t open.
This is one error out of several errors like 15106, 1328, H202 etc.
Why ‘QuickBooks won’t Open Error’ Happens?
- The name of the company is very long.
- Damaged or corrupt file.
- Corrupt Hard Drive
- Improper Installation
- Absence of Latest Version
- Old operating system
- When you click numerous times on the Quickbooks Icon , it can lead to not responding.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks won’t Open Problem
You will read details about this and proven solutions to get rid of this situation. So, next time, you come in trouble because of this error, just go through this post and fix your problem permanently.
Solution 1: Restart your PC
This is the easiest and first method to fix the error. Try to restart your computer to clean the applications. After restarting try to open your company file again.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Install QuickBooks
- Firstly, navigate to start.
- Now choose the option named control panel.
- Tap on Uninstall once you choose the QB program.
- This step can take some moment, so waiting is advisable.
- Once done with the process of uninstalling, restart your PC then again reinstall QB.
Solution 3: Desktop should be Compatible with Latest Version
- Navigate to start.
- After that write-up Update in the vacant search bar.
- Once you locate the option Updater, click it.
- Now, check if the system has any updates. If yes, then tap on the option download.
- At last, restart the system once you conclude the step.
Solution 4: Register QuickBooks
You need to confirm if QuickBooks is registered or not. If not, then first register it and then try to open your company file.
How to check If QB is registered: Press F2, the product information window will open. At the right of the license number, you can check the status of QuickBooks’ registration. If you are registered, then it will show register and you can assume your work.
In case you are not registered:
- Hit “OK” and close the Product Information window
- Select the “Help” option and go to “Activate QuickBooks”
- You need to follow the instructions available on-screen to check your information and finalize the activation process.
Solution 5: Turn off QBW32.exe process
- Open “Windows taskbar” then select “Start Task Manager”.
- Tap on “Process tab” and press on the “Image Name” header it will help you arrange the process alphabetically.
- Select “EXE“.
- Hit on “End Process”, by this the “exe process“ will be closed.
Solution 6: Shift your Files to the Windows Desktop
- Firstly, access File Explorer.
- Look for your Company file.
- Copy your company file by right clicking.
- Paste it on Windows desktop.
- Rename the file.
- Open QuickBooks, then open File menu. Select Restore Company.
- Now select the company file you had pasted on the Windows Desktop. Your file will be opened but if your problem persists, then follow these steps:
- At last, shift your company file to the original folder and rename it.
Solution 7: Check the properties of the Company File
- Open Windows Explorer
- Go to your company file, right-click to select properties.
- Choose the Advanced tab and ensure that the size of your file should not be less that 7 MB, it should not be compressed and encrypted.
You might also like - Reading about Facing QuickBooks Sign-in Issue
Solution 8: Try to Open your Company File from a different Folder Location
Copy your company file from the network drive to the local drive and then start troubleshooting network configuration. You can install and run QuickBooks File Doctor to make this process smooth and fast.
Make a folder in the C: drive.
- Firstly, open folder of the company file folder.
- Select your company file and .TLG of your company file.
- Choose “Copy” after making a right-click.
- Open the folder you made in the first step. Paste the file there.
Solution 9: Creating Windows Admin User
- “Control Panel” and double click on the “User Account”.
- Now “Manage User” and choose “Add“.
- Enter administrator’s name and domain. Hit “Ok”.
- For those using Windows 10 choose “Administrator“.
- Lastly, tap on Finish and it will direct you to the ‘User Accounts’. Hit “OK“.
You can save your [precious time and trouble by following the above-mentioned solutions. We have provided almost all the information needed to know about an error (Quickbooks won’t Open). So, don’t panic and focus on rectifying the Quickbooks login error by following the steps mentioned in this post. However, if still the issue is complex and you are not able to resolve it then you can always get in touch with QuickBooks error support where there are solutions provided directly by experts.