Maintaining a business isn’t simple. It requires a great deal of work and commitment to make progress and that is when businesses and companies need a software called QuickBooks. It is developed by Intuit and serves as one of the most powerful accounting software at present. Intuit Quickbooks is used in the management of expenses, creation of statistical reports, tracking of orders, and other inventories.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 102?
Although Quickbooks is modern advanced software, it still can restrict your work as a number of bugs and errors can occur. Quickbooks online error 102 is one of its kind but this type of error arises due to the issue from the bank’s servers. Their servers may be under maintenance or must be experiencing some technical glitches but you do not need to worry, we are providing you the most efficient and easiest ways to counter the QuickBooks error 102.
Solutions to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 102
There are various steps that can guide you to resolve the banking error 102 QuickBooks easily. A few of them have been given below in detail.
Manual Updation of your Bank Connection
You must not worry if you face this banking error although this error is resolved itself within 24 hours. During this period, you can update your bank connection in Quickbooks manually.
Step 1: Log in with your credentials to Quickbooks Online.
Step 2: Select the Transactions menu.
Step 3: Select the “Update” option.
Step 1: Log in to Quickbooks Self-Employed.
Step 2: Select the Profile option and Choose “Bank Accounts.”
Step 3: Tap on Refresh All.
Most accounts work with automatic updates but in case, you need to do manual updates. You need to:
- From the left menu, choose options “Banking”
- In case of need of updation of specific accounts, you need to click on “Clear Unwanted Accounts”
- Click on update now
- Now enter the details of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Click on Continue to Update
Automatic Updation of your “Online Banking Account” starts at 3 AM Pacific Time.
If QuickBooks Online Server has failed to get updated data for a particular online account, it will try to attempt the automatic updation for a minimum of 5 times in the following 5 hours. The information received is dependent on the shares of your banks with QuickBooks Online.
The user is not granted access to switch on “Auto Update” ON & OFF.
Knowing the time of updates.
- Click on the Banking menu
- Select Update in the right-hand corner of the screen
- Under the Updated column, you can see the date and time of the last update.
If the problem still persists, wait for a few hours and repeat the same process as above.
Checking your Bank’s Website
- Open the bank’s official website and login with your credentials.
- On the bank’s website, look out for notifications, so you can now identify the error is from the bank’s end or it is a Quickbooks-related problem.
If you are unable to log in or access the website, then you need to reach out to the bank directly.
Checking Login Information and Accurate Bank Details
Error Code 102 QuickBooks occurs due to a failure in connection with your bank. Log into your bank’s website. In case you are unable to gain access to the banking website, you can follow the steps given below. Adding your bank accounts to download & fix transactions in QB Online can be done through these steps.
- Select the Banking option from the left corner of the screen.
- On linking to your bank for the first time- Find your bank’s name in the “Search” option
- In case your bank account is already linked, then select “Add account” & find your bank name.
- Choose your bank from the given list
- Enter your credentials for “User ID/Login ID” & Password.
- Click on “Continue”
- As per your requirement, carry out the “added security verification steps” & click “Connect ”
Now, you have to select your “bank type or credit card account.” In case of not having an existing account, you can create a new account by selecting “Add+ new” to create a new account.
Once you are logged in, QuickBooks will download online transactions for the past 90 days and all your banking transactions.
Now, tap on “Connect” As the download is completed, you will be automatically redirected to your banking page.
Use the “Review” tab to track all the transactions that were downloaded earlier. Now you can classify, accept and review all the transactions in QuickBooks.
In case of being failed to connect or a bank account not listed, you will have to coordinate with the bank officials and download transactions from their site & now it can be uploaded to QBs.
You Might Also Like, QuickBooks Firewall Error - (How To Fix)
Ensuring that your bank account is not new
Error 102 Quickbooks can also occur if your bank account is new to the credit card or the bank itself. In many cases, newly opened accounts do not operate with online banking systems. If this arises as to the main issue, then you can contact your bank or credit card officials directly.
The article above is quite informative and can be easily understood to fix the Quickbooks Online Error 102 but still, if you are unable to resolve this error, you can coordinate with the expertise of experienced computer professionals.