Download Quickbooks Tool Hub
Just like everything ain’t perfect, QuickBooks has a wide range of qualities followed by bugs, errors, and various other disadvantages like glitches and technical troubles. Suppose you are in the middle of your work managing, tracking and editing reports for your companies and the bugs and errors of QuickBooks show up. What would you do?
So, you must be wanting a quick solution to the problem. As you are treated by doctors QuickBooks can also be diagnosed by doctors only but the difference is that their doctors are quite technical in nature. It is called QuickBooks File Doctor.
QuickBooks Doctor File is a dynamic and resourceful tool that can resolve any type of error that prevails in Quickbooks accounting software. A user can use this Quickbooks repair tool when there is any kind of corrupt file, damage, or data loss. It can easily identify and rectify these issues. In this article, you will be able to understand every aspect of the QuickBooks Doctor File Tool. Without wasting more of your time, let’s start with today’s topic.
Brief Introduction Of QuickBooks File Doctor
QBs File Doctor is a fixing tool that helps in resolving the problems in Quickbooks like Connection errors, Network Diagnostic errors, Windows issues, info and data corruption, etc. It detects all these different kinds of errors and tries to fix all of them at the earliest.
It scans the company file, identifies the errors, and then repairs it. So, it means anytime you can run a scan in QuickBooks and repair errors. This is handy, easy-to-access and the Go-to tool for troubleshooting the troubles associated with QBs.
QBs Doctor File Tool was launched by Intuit in 2012. The developers made it a combination of two tools: QB Company File Diagnostic Tool (QCFD) and QB Network Connectivity diagnostic tool (QNCD). Both the tools work separately as per the requirement of the user.
Types of QuickBooks File Repair Doctor
Two types of QB Doctor Tool versions are easily available on Intuit’s official website for QuickBooks. These versions are stated below.
This in-built version of Quickbooks Doctor Tool is present in the Quickbooks Desktop 2016 and later. So, you will be able to get this version in only these QBs Desktop.
This stand-alone version can be used by you only if a user has activated the Quickbooks Database Server Manager which is basically done for hosting, network, and connectivity
Errors and Issues faced in QFD
Here is a list of all the errors and issues that you can face while operating the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Quickbooks Error 6150
- Quickbooks Error -6000 -305
- Error Code -6000 -301
- Error Code -6189
- H series error: Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, and Error H505.
- Unable to access Company File.
- Network and connectivity errors.
- Damaged and Corrupted company files.
- QuickBooks screen freezes and halts all the operations.
- Keyboard and mouse functions do not function properly.
Downloading QuickBooks File Doctor
Here are the steps are given on how to download the QuickBooks Doctor repair tool.
- Firstly, you need to close all the windows associated with QuickBooks.
- Now, open Intuit’s official website and start to download QBFD.
- After a successful download, tap on the setup and click on Yes.
- It will start your installation process.
- Following the on-screen instructions, complete the installation process and click on Finish.
Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
The points given below will assist you in using QBFD from the Quickbooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Firstly, download and install Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Double click on it to launch.
- Find the Company File section and access it.
- Search for Run Quickbooks file doctor and click on it.
- Look for the company file with the error.
- Choose the company file and perform a scan.
- Any errors, if identified, will be displayed on your system.
- Click on the Repair button and it will resolve the issue in a few minutes.
This way you can access QBs File Doctor via the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Using Stand-Alone QFD version
- To use this version, the user needs to install its latest version and uninstall the previous version.
- For this, you can visit Intuit’s official website and download the latest version.
- Once downloaded, double click on it, and on-screen instructions must be followed to complete the installation process. As the tool is installed and not available on the screen, you can open it via the Windows Task-bar or clicking twice on the program icon.
- After this, from the drop-down list try to find the company file, you can also locate it manually by clicking on the Browse button.
- Now select the Check file damage only option and choose the Diagnose file option for applying the basic fix. While working on QBs, start the diagnostics file to resolve any kind of error.
- Two options will come under the File Doctor Tool and you need to choose as per your required issue.
- You can select the primary option in case of a 6000 series error or when the company file is damaged.
- Select the second option in case of Network problems and errors like H101, H202, H303, H505, etc.
- You are required to log in to Company File Admin Password and click on Next.
- Now, there comes two options.
- Select the primary Workstation option if the QB company file isn’t stored or hosted on the client’s computer.
- Select the secondary Server option if the QB company file isn’t stored or hosted on the QuickBooks client computer.
- Choose Yes for QuickBooks Server/Host and No for QB Workstation.
- Now the doctor tool will start the company file repair process. It might take a few minutes.
- As the repairing is completed, you will get a successful pop-up text and then you can close the tool.
- Now, you can open your company file.
Using Built-In QFD version
- Open QuickBooks and do not open the company file.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select the Utility option under the File tab.
- Now choose the Repair File and Network Problems option to open QBFD.
- Search for the company file that needs to be rectified and tap on Open.
- Under the Show, Advanced Settings menu, select the type of issue you want to fix and click on Next.
- Now your file is ready and in the process of repair.
- After this process is completed, you can open the company file.
After opening the company file, you can come up with three result possibilities. All the possibilities have been discussed below.
1. No problem was found
The first possibility is when the file doctor tool could not find any kind of problem. In this case, you are required to log in to the company file and then go to the Auto data recovery setup and fill the transactions since the last backup.
2. The problem was found and resolved
It is great thing in case the tool was able to detect the issue and resolve it instantly. After the process finishes, you can click on the Open new company option.
3. The problem was detected but was unable to fix it
Even in this case, you can use Auto Data Recovery Setup and enter the transactions manually since the last backup.
QuickBooks Doctor Tool: Limitations and Shortcomings
- The file size of the prerequisite QuickBooks Company file is less than 2GB.
- The obligation of the internet connectivity for uploading the company files QuickBooks Doctor Tool.
- Mandatory Log-in as an Administrator needed to access QBFD
- No option is available to turn off the network diagnosis and Quickbooks file repair.
- In case, you have different QuickBooks versions installed on a single PC, then the Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option doesn’t work properly.
- Systems with the installation of Database Server Manager do not allow the Network Connectivity diagnosis and repair option to work accurately on the computer systems.
FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Ques. Which error can be fixed using QFD?
Answer. QBs File Doctor tool is used to correct Error 6150, Error 179, Error 6000 301, Error 6000 305, Error 15222, Error code 1334, etc. It can also resolve the issues that come up due to corrupted or damaged files. Also, it automatically corrects the missed and blank entries of various lists of customers of the companies.
Ques. How much does QFD cost?
Answer. QuickBooks Repair Tool is free of cost for any user in the world. You just need to download it from the official website of Intuit.
Ques. What is the difference between an in-built file doctor tool and a stand-alone version of QBFD?
Answer. QB file repair tool is available in two types of versions- In-built version and stand-alone version. The built-in version cannot be accessed directly from the server and is present in QBs 2016 and later versions. The stand-alone version is the one that is generally accessed from the host server and IT professionals advise the users to use this as the preferred version.
Ques. What does the QuickBooks Doctor file repair tool do?
Answer. QBs Doctor File is a fixing tool that helps in resolving the problems in Quickbooks like Connection errors, Network Diagnostic errors, Windows issues, info and data corruption, etc. QFD detects all these different kinds of errors and tries to fix all of them at the earliest. It scans the company file, identifies the errors, and then repairs it.
QuickBooks File Doctor is an efficient and resourceful tool that can be used to resolve any kind of error that exists in the Quickbooks software. You can use this Quickbooks repair tool when there is any type of corrupt file, damage or data loss. It can easily identify and rectify these issues. With all the detailed aspects thoroughly explained above, we have tried to assist you in the best way possible.
Once you are done reading the article, we hope you will be able to troubleshoot all the errors, bugs, and glitches coming up in QuickBooks. Still, you are unable to fix these errors, then you must take proper guidance from an experienced professional in the related field or you can directly contact the QBs support team from the official website of QuickBooks.