Quickbooks is the accounting giant making the work easy and fluent with its advanced and dynamic features. It enhances the business world with its easy to access features that give it the title of the most desirable accounting software. Quickbooks leaves its superiority across the globe and thus transforms the business world. All the inbuilt features of Quickbooks help many small and large entrepreneurs to achieve business goals. With the new and updated version of Quickbooks, it offers much more functionality to the business world. Even though Quickbooks is providing so many features and facilities, it easily gets corrupted with some bugs and errors that may slow down the system. In this guide, we will learn about one such error Quickbooks event ID 4.
This is the most common error that every user can face in their system. So, you don’t have to worry about the consequences of the error issue as you only required to conduct the right operation for resolving the error issue and you can do it through this blog post. If you are wondering what kind of help we are offering you then let us first tell you that in this blog post, you will learn the basic understanding of Quickbooks event ID 4, the causes and factors responsible for the error, the symptoms that help you to identify the event id 4 Quickbooks and lastly the easiest and quick solutions that you can perform on your system to eradicate the error issue.
So, without wasting any time. Let’s start the topic and enlighten yourself with Quickbooks error event id 4, its causes, symptoms, and effective solutions.
What is Quickbooks event ID 4?
If you are acquiring some damaged and corrupted files in Quickbooks then you can encounter the error Quickbooks event ID 4 into your system. Generally, a pop-up enters on the screen consists of the text that reads “Integration Manager could not connect to Quickbooks. Please make sure that it is open when it takes place.” or Quickbooks Event ID 4 – An expected error has occurred in Quickbooks: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
With the error message, we can get the idea that the main reason for the error’s occurrence is the failed connection between Quickbooks Integration Manager and Quickbooks. It can be the main reason responsible for the error message but there can be many more which you will get to know below. So, let’s now move on to the next section covering factors responsible for Quickbooks 2010 event id 4.
Some Causes And Factors Responsible For Quickbooks Error Event ID 4
Well, it can be really frustrating to have error messages on your device while performing some tasks but as software, it is not the fault of Quickbooks but some other agents residing on your system. In order to know more about the factors that lead Quickbooks event ID 4, read the list below having all the factors that trigger the error.
- Corruption within the Quickbooks file.
- When some other program deletes Quickbooks files, then also this arises the error issue.
- Windows registry can be the other factor that triggers Quickbooks error event id 4. If you are receiving some kinds of error within the windows registry then this may arise the error.
- If the system is dealing with any kind of Trojan attack then it can slow down your system by corrupted with the error issue.
- If there is an improper function in the windows component then get ready for the error.
- Having Windows.NET Framework 4.0 SP1 on a windows 7 computer can also lead the error in your system
- Acquiring damaged company files is the last factor responsible for the error issue.
After getting the knowledge of Quickbooks event log error 4, let’s move on towards the signs and symptoms that will help you to identify that your system is corrupted with the error issue.
You may also like: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 404 [Fixation Guide]
Signs and Symptoms of Quickbooks Event log Error 4
Just like causes are important for us to know about what are the sources and elements that lead to this kind of issue in our device so the signs and symptoms help us to identify the corruption within the file related to Quickbooks software. In order to know what signs will help you to identify the error, read the points below:
- When you encounter a sudden crash in the running window.
- The system becomes unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard inputs.
- Quickbooks software also works slowly at a snail’s pace or not responding at all.
- If you see the frequents crashing in your system then also it makes you aware of the error issue.
- Freezing and sluggish performance of Quickbooks desktop.
- The most useful is the error text itself.
These are the signs that your system reflects after getting corrupted with the error issue. You can remove all these disturbances from the system by removing those causes that arise the issue and thereon focussing on the upcoming projects of your business. Com Error Quickbooks 2017 is also one such error that has the same effects.
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks event ID 4
It turns out to be a bit critical error but with the guide provided below, you can resolve it in no time. But before proceeding with the guide, you need to ensure that you will perform the steps carefully without skipping anyone. So, now let’s started with the solutions that will remove all the hindrances from your computer that are disturbing you and your system.
Solution 1: Install .NET Framework Again
This is the first solution that requires reinstalling .NET Framework. You will easily get rid of the error with this solution. So, start the procedure and eradicate the error by following the steps given below.
- The very first that the user needs to do is to log in to windows as an Administrator.
- From the keyboard, press the Windows + R keys together
- It opens up the Run window. Move towards it and enter control in the text field of the Run window.
- Now, press the OK button and open the control panel.
- Navigate to Program and Features tab or Add/Remove programs window.
- As a substitute to it, the user can also enter appwix.cpl in the dialog box.
- After performing the above steps, move towards to OK button and press it. This will open the program and features window.
- Proceeding towards the next step by locating the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 from the list of the installed programs.
- The user needs to highlight Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 and then uninstall it.
- Once the process of uninstallation is done, you need to restart the system.
- Then, make a step forward by visiting the Control panel and open it by double-clicking.
- Click on the programs and features option.
- Navigate to the left side of the window and select the tab named Add Remove Windows Features.
- This will make Windows Feature appear on the system’s screen.
- In order to see Microsoft.NET 3.5, you need to expand the .NET Framework.
- Select the first and second options and proceed with the OK button.
- .NET Framework will automatically install in your system.
- Tap on the Finish tab, once it is installed successfully.
- The last step requires you to restart the system that will save the changes.
After performing the above steps, the user needs to check if the error is gone or not. If it is still there then you can perform the next solution given below.
You may also like: A Guide to Resolve Quickbooks Online Error 9999
Solution 2: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
In this solution, the user needs to download, install and run the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool which is a great tool that helps so many users like you in eradicating the error issue. If you don’t know about the tool then you can click on Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool and get to know every small detail about this tool. In order to use this tool, follow the steps below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to update Quickbooks to the latest version available. If you are facing system crashing during the task of logging then you can download the update from Intuit’s Quickbooks website.
- Proceed to this next step and download Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Keep in mind to close or shut all the background running windows and there rebooting the system before moving on with the further procedure of running the tool.
- Now, you need to check the error persists or not. If it is not showing on the screen then you have successfully done the operation of resolving the error.
- But, if the error is there then you have to use the clean install tool to reinstall Quickbooks accounting software.
- During the installation process, you might need an installation CD and license number, so don’t forget to keep the same before starting the uninstalling task.
- It will be more beneficial if you create a backup of the company file before moving on with the task.
Solution 3: Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks File Doctor tool is yet another super tool. The use of the tool is also easy. In order to run the tool the user needs to perform these steps below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to download the tool on the system.
- Save the tool on the folder which is easily accessible.
- The tool is saved with the QBFD.exe name. So, if you become unable to find the file then search for the above name.
- Proceed with the on-screen guidelines and install the tool.
- At last, double click on the tool icon and run it on your system.
Now, you will face no issues within your system.
This article containing all the solutions to fix Quickbooks event ID 4. But, if somehow, you become unable to proceed with the solutions then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They are IT professionals and would not mind resolving their customer queries.
Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts about this blog post in the comment section. We at mathomatic cover each and every Quickbooks error with causes, symptoms, and easy and effective solutions. You can check them out to enlighten yourself with more knowledge about the Quickbooks errors.