Quickbook is a worldwide known software for its unique accounting features like downloading payroll updates, paying schedule liabilities, opening a state/federal form, and many more. As it provides so many different features in just one platform, the trust of its users is increasing day by day.
It is a great software that needs to be error-free but due to some settings in the system and other reasons, users often see different errors corrupting the software, Like many other errors, Quickbooks Error the file exists comes with a text signaling the users about the error. Quickbooks error message the file exists can corrupt your stored data. So, in order to protect your data from the file exists error, let’s move on to what is QuickBooks error message the file exists?
What is the Quickbook error message the file exists?
The user will see a bug on the screen of your system saying “The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file.” You can also receive the error text states “The Windows error was the file exists.”
According to many users, the Quickbooks error the file exists message generally enters into the software when they are doing some task related to payroll like updating payroll, opening state or federal forms, or paying scheduled liabilities. These are the main reasons that provide a gateway to file exists error but there are many other reasons too. You can read other reasons below:
Causes for Quickbooks Windows Error the File Exists
- See if your user account is interfering or not. if it is interfering then leads to this error.
- If the users are not granted access to the windows.
- The poor internet connection can also become the cause of the error.
- Quickbooks Firewall settings should be correct to protect the system from any other Quickbooks error. If the setting is improper then lead to the Quickbooks Windows Error.
- QB Desktop application should be in the updated version. if it is outdated then causes the file to exist an error.
- The error message appears on the screen of your system While doing installing process.
Now, let us move on towards the solution to fix it.
Effective Solutions to repair Quickbooks error the file exists.
Switch off User Account Control
To do the processes, you need to do some steps described below. In order to perform them. you have to read below.
- The first step you need to do is to open the run window. To do so, you can type Windows + R from the keyboard.
- On the run window, go to the search panel, and type Control Panel and then click OK.
- From the search bar, go to the user’s accounts located on the top of the control panel.
- Go to the change user account control settings and click on it.
- After that, click yes and move the mouse down to turn off User Account Control.
- Then, you can restart your PC also update Quickbooks Payroll.
If the steps would not work for you then move towards this second troubleshoot which can help you to get rid of the QuickBooks error message the file exists.
2. Change Full Control Access
In order to perform the second task, read the guide below portraying some easy steps.
- Go to Quickbooks Desktop, right-click on it, and then select Open File Location.
- Then, from your keyboard, press the backspace key.
- Go to the Quickbooks folder, right-click on it, and select properties.
- Click Edit and then choose Add.
- Select Everyone and then hit OK.
- Go to the Full Control Action and choose it.
- Select Apply option.
- At last, you have to choose your user rather than choosing Everyone after performing the above steps again.
After performing all the tasks, see if the error persists or not. If it is still there then you can perform the third solution.
3. Install Quickbooks Desktop again
This is the third solution that you can try on your system. Read carefully the instruction below to perform the task.
- To open the run box press windows + R keys together.
- This will make the box appear, you need to type appwiz.cpl there on your screen.
- Go to Quickbooks, clicks it on twice, and choose to uninstall.
- Now, you will see the box containing steps to remove Quickbooks from windows.
- Then, go to the authorized website and download a clean install tool and save it on your system.
- At last, Using the clean install tool, install the QB software.
When the steps are done, you can check the error. Resolve it with the next solution if the error is still there.
You May Also Like: QuickBooks Error 15222: How To Fix Payroll Update Error?
4. Look for Quickbooks Updates Desktop Application
This troubleshoot is used to resolve many types of Quickbooks errors as the Unavailability of Quickbooks updates creates a path for them to occur. So, update your desktop application with the steps provided below and keep your system safe from the havoc of Quickbooks errors.
- The first step you need to do is open Quickbooks Desktop and then go to the Product Information option and clicks on it.
- Then, select the correct Quickbooks version which is updated with the recent updates available in the market as well as the year.
- After that, click on search and then go to Get the Latest Updates choice given and click on it.
- Now, you have to create a folder and save the file in it.
- In order to start the update process, you need to go to the installation file and double-click on it.
- At last, you can restart your system.
When you are done with finishing the update, then check if the solution worked for you or not. If it does not eradicate the error then, the error might happen because of some other reason.
5. Register Quickbooks .DLL and.OCX file again
This is the next resolution that you can do to repair your system from the error. Read these steps one by one and perform them carefully.
- To start the process, go to the Quickbooks Desktop application and clicks on exit.
- Find the QB icon on your screen and by right-clicking choose Properties.
- Then, go to File Location and open it and search for the reboot.bat file.
- You will see the Reboot.bat file on your screen, right-click on it and choose run as administrator.
- This process needs some time to finish. so, wait for some time till you will see the black color command window scrolling all the files of QB.
- At last, restart the system and check if the error is still there or not.
We have one more solution for you if the error persists there. let’s check out the next solution.
6. Delete QBPRINT.qbp
This is the last troubleshooting that you can try to erase the error.
- The first thing you need to do is to go to your keyboard and press Windows + R keys.
- Write control with the help of the keyboard and hit the Enter button.
- Go to the option Devices and Printers and select it.
- Then, right-click on the window and remove the printer which creates an issue for you.
- Make an exit from the Quickbooks Desktop.
- Open the taskbar and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to launch the task manager.
- Make a folder for QBW32.exe and right-click on it.
- You can end the process when you see the confirmation text on your screen by clicking yes on it.
- Then, you can go to Drive C>Program Data and at the last to Intuit. This will prompt the Quickbooks option.
- After this, you can search for the file named QBPRINT.qbp and delete that file.
- When all the steps are finished, you can print again by rebooting your desktop.
If these steps are not working, then you can check out the wrap-up part as it has provided the last way that you can do to erase the QuickBooks error message the file exists.
We wish that you will resolve the error with these solutions. But, if somehow you cannot manage to do so then contact the Quickbooks customer care executive. In this time of tragedy, they will bring every solution to fix these kinds of issues.
While updating Quickbooks or performing payroll, the Quickbooks update error 15241 normally appears on the screen. The error has been reported by many users. You can fix this error by reading our latest article.