Quickbooks gaining popularity among business owners because of their dynamic features. It is because of Quickbooks that the users can place any transaction without any fear of losing or missing them. Quickbooks changes the whole conventional mode of business and accountancy and builds up a new gateway for digital transactions. It emerges as the best tool of accounting software with different features that serve the different functions destined to them.
In an attempt to perform so many tasks at a time, Quickbooks often get interrupted with errors that bring hindrances to the working procedure. The user can face so many troubles due to these errors like slowing down the system and crashing the window. In this guide, we will help you out to deal with one such error of Quickbooks that you have seen in the title.
So, let’s get started with the article containing all the details about Quickbooks error -6000, -77.
What is QuickBooks error -6000, -77?
Quickbooks error 77 generally occurs in our device when we try opening a QB file. The error always appears with a message saying “We’re sorry. Quickbooks encountered a problem. Error codes: 6000.”
Like, many other Quickbooks errors, this error also has some reasons that lead to the error. You can check them below and get rid of the error by removing all the causes that bring the error to your device. So, let’s jump into the reasons leading to the error.
Reasons responsible for Quickbooks error 6000 77
- The first reason could be the location of the QB file, if it is located on external media instead of local media then it leads to the error.
- Bit defender security software can lead to the error if it is blocking the connection to run Quickbooks in multi-user mode. Quickbooks error H202 also occurs due to multi-user mode.
- Incorrect folder permission is shown on the folder in which your company file is located.
- Quickbooks attempts to open the company file while referencing a mapped drive.
The reasons given above can be very dangerous for your system and your working procedure. So, remove these causes as soon as possible to have a better workflow. You can easily erase them with these solutions given below. So, without any ado, let’s jump into the troubleshooting that will help you eradicate the error.
Also Find, Steps To Resolve Quickbooks error 6073
How can you remove the Quickbooks error -6000, -77?
Following are the solutions that you need to perform step-by-step. Keep in mind to follow every step calmly as in haste, you will skip one of the steps and this can bring more interruptions in the systems. So, avoid follow the steps in haste and get started with the first troubleshoot.
1. Run Quickbooks file Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is the best tool that can resolve all Quickbooks errors. You can download it from the steps given below and can get your system back. You can also check out our article on Quickbooks File Doctor and Quickbooks Tool Hub to get a better understanding of these two amazing tools.
- The first step you need to do is download and install Quickbooks tool hub software.
- Run the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Go to the company file issue and click on it.
- Then, click on the green bar Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Now go to the second option saying click the browse and select you company file you wish to repair.
- After that click on the repair tab.
- This will make the file doctor repair the issue and you will also be notified about it.
After performing all the steps, check if the error persists or not. If it is there then check out the second solution.
2. Recreating the damaged folder
The damaged folder can result in a disruption in the program files and stored in there. But, you can resolve them by recreating the damaged folder. So, follow the steps below for doing the same.
- Go to the c:\ drive and craft a new folder.
- Now, go to the folder that has saved company file data and open it.
- Save the .qbw file.
- Select copy by right-clicking on the .qbw file.
- Again, craft a new folder and paste .qbw there.
- Now, you have to create access for sharing it to know about the queries. Keep in mind to give windows permission before creating access.
- From the new folder that you created, open Quickbooks.
3. Rename files .ND and .TLG
Moving towards the third solution if the error still appears on the screen of the system. This solution involves renaming the files. To do the same, you can proceed with the steps below.
- Go to the folder that has the company file and open it.
- Locate them with the same name but having these two extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Search for the file with the name. For instance: company_file.qbw.ND and company_file.qbw.TLG
- Now go to .ND/.TLG and click on rename option by right-clicking on it.
- At last, add this extension .old too. For instance, company_file.qbw.nd.OLD and company_file.qbw.tig.old
If the error is still appearing then the real cause might be different which does not follow all the three solutions given above. You can proceed towards the next solution to remove the error.
4. Use an Anti-virus defender
Firewalls can be a threat to Quickbooks as it sometimes stops the functioning of the system. In order to reduce the effect of the Firewall on your system. You have to perform all the steps.
- Go to firewall settings and configure the settings to automatic.
- Set up exceptions manually for all firewall ports.
- You can do it by using an anti-virus defender on your device.
5. Instead of the mapped drive try the UNC path
This is the last solution that you can perform to get rid of the error. Follow all the steps nicely and get rid of the error.
- Go to the Quickbooks icon right-click on it.
- Click on run as an administrator while holding the Ctrl key from your keyboard.
- Hold the ctrl key until no company open window appears.
- The ctrl key will not allow the opening of company files on the Quickbooks desktop.
- Go to the File menu and select open or restore company.
- Then, go to open a company file and click on next.
- Click on the network in the left pane and go to the location where you saved your company file.
- In case, you become unable to find the folder then go to set folder permission.
- At last, choose the company file and open it.
If the error persists there even now, then you can do one more thing. Let’s see what else you can do in removing the error in the conclusion section.
After performing all the solutions, if the error still makes hindrances in opening the company file then you can contact the Quickbooks technical support team. They are technicians in this field and will surely help you out in removing the error.
You can also check out our recent posts on Quickbooks error 6000 80 and their troubleshooting methods to avoid any further chance of errors. This Quickbooks error occurs When the user requests Quickbooks to open a company file, the error 6000 80 normally displays on the screen but due to glitches and technical issues, Quickbooks brings this error when he tries.
At last, kindly share your thoughts with us in the comment section and also tell us what kind of Quickbooks errors you are facing in your device so that we will help you out in no time by providing you another resourceful article containing all the methods to troubleshoot it.