In this fast-growing world, where everything is evolving so fast. It becomes mandatory to have the fun of tech tools filled with versatile and dynamic features that provide the user a totally new experience. Quickbooks is one of the gems of this tech world that has come to ease the work of business owners through its inbuilt features. Whether it be tax filling, payroll update, and business transactions tracking, Quickbooks never disappoints us and always does all the tasks in a fluent manner. It is this versatility of Quickbooks that makes it the dominant tool of the accounting world. The business functionality is incomplete without the use of the tool. But, being software crafted with hi-tech codes and algorithms, Quickbooks often gets certain glitches and bugs that arise the error issue in the user’s system. In this guide, we will discuss Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a that can provide damages to your data and programs stored in the system.
If you are among the user having Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a on the system’s screen. Then, this article is for you. In this article, we will be providing you how you can tackle those critical and frustrating error issues with just simple solutions and tricks. But, before moving directly to them, we consider first the basic understanding of the error that enlightens you more about the error issue and also makes you aware of the reasons and causes that leading to this error.
So, adhere to yourself till the end of the article that is covering a lot about this error consisted of what is Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a, what are the symptoms and causes to it, and how you can troubleshoot the error issue effortlessly with easy solutions. So, now let’s jumps into the first section.
What is Quickbooks 2015 Error code 80029c4a
Many users report the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a during the task of launching the Quickbooks application. It can bring the complication in your system with the error message containing the text “Quickbooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a- can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”.
Another reason for having the error issue can be the improper work of the Quickbooks component and the consequences of system abnormalities that can corrupt and lose the Dynamic Link Library. There can be many other reasons behind the occurrence of Quickbooks error code 80029c4a. In order to provide you more knowledge about the causes, there comes a section below covering causes that lead to the error issue. So, let’s move on towards it.
What are the causes that lead to Quickbooks error code 80029c4a
If we talk about the causes, then there can be so many causes and factors responsible for the error but we have listed the most common causes that may interrupt your working procedure.
- If you have done an inappropriate installation of Quickbooks Desktop then you can encounter the error.
- Mistakenly deleting Quickbooks-related files can also corrupt your system with the error.
- Corruption in the Windows registry is another major cause of the error. Quickbooks error 324 also occurs due to this windows registry corruption.
- Antimalware or antivirus can bring the error message by stopping some Quickbooks programs to do the task related to launching Quickbooks.
- If there is a corrupted or damaged Quickbooks file in your system then also you can have an error issue.
These are all the causes that slow down your business functionality by creating hindrances in the working process of Quickbooks. In order to avoid all of these cases, the user needs to perform the troubleshooting. But, before moving on to them. Let’s first jump into symptoms of error code 80029c4a Quickbooks 2017 to identify the error.
You may also Like: How To Resolve Quickbooks Error Code H202?
Signs and Symptoms to Identify error code 80029c4a in Quickbooks
Just like causes are important for us to understand the reason behind the occurrence of the error so as the signs and symptoms to tackle the issue in no time. So, let’s move on with the list of signs that notifies us about the error.
- A sudden crash in all the active or running windows programs.
- Sluggish or slow performance of windows.
- Frequents freezing of your system also signals to you about the error.
- While doing the task related to installing or launching Quickbooks, an error message pops up, signaling you about the error.
- The most useful identification is the error text itself mentioned above or you also encounter “Error code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library/DLL” will certainly display on the screen.
These are all the signs that help you to identify the error. Now, let’s move on to the solutions that you can easily perform and resolve the error issue.
Effective Solutions to Resolve Error Code 80029c4a QuickBooks 2017
These solutions are performed by many users and they also get their desired result. So, if you are worried about whether this will work or not then throw all your worries away and continue with the rest of the part of the guide. But, before proceeding, let me first inform you that not to skip any of the steps of any solutions as it can worsen the situation. So, perform each and every step carefully. Now, let’s begin with the first solution.
Solution 1: Clean Install of Quickbooks Desktop
The solution requires you to perform a clean installation of the Quickbooks desktop. In order to do so, you have to go through the steps below:
- The first step that you need to do is to reinstall the Quickbooks through the use of clean install.
- Try to update the Quickbooks to the latest release version.
How to do
- Tap on the file menu.
- Choose the close firm or logoff icon,
Note: If you are having multiple company files on the QB Desktop computer, then you need to perform the steps for each firm that is opened.
- Go to the File menu, then on the exit icon.
- Choose the option run as administrator.
- You need to ensure that no company open window displays on your system’s screen.
- Tap on the help menu and select update Quickbooks.
- Click on the options icon.
- Choose the mark-all icon and carry on by hitting the save button.
- Now, click on the update now tab.
- Hit on the reset update, followed by clicking the Get updates.
- After the update is done, a message will prompt up, you just need to close the Quickbooks desktop.
- Hit on to the yes tab if you get the message of installing updates.
- At last, reboot the system once the update is finished.
Key Point to Consider: you need to acquire the Quickbooks installation CD with its license number and Quickbooks downloaded file before moving on with the uninstallation process of Quickbooks.
You can use Quickbooks clean install to resolve Quickbooks errors like- Quickbooks error 1334, Quickbooks error 15270, etc.
Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Quickbooks file
After performing the above solution, if the error still persists on your device then move on to this solution consisting of the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the Quickbooks programs. In order to carry on, follow the steps below:
For Windows 8 & 10
- Start the procedure by right-clicking on the window icon.
- In windows 8, Choose the programs and features option, and in windows 10 navigate to apps and features.
- Try to look for Quickbooks pro error code 80029c4a associated program.
- Select the Quickbooks pro-related entry.
- Move towards the uninstall/change option.
- Perform the further steps prompt up on the system’s window.
For Windows XP
- Navigate to the start icon and then open Programs and features.
- Select the control panel option and then add or remove programs.
- Now, look for Quickbooks pro error code 80029c4a related program.
- The user requires to click on the Quickbooks Pro-related entry.
- Tap on the uninstall/change option.
- Move on with the steps the appears on your screen.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- The very first step that you need to do is to go to the start button and then click on the programs and features.
- Navigate to the control panel to open it.
- Make a step forward by clicking on programs and then on Programs and features.
- Look for error code 80029c4a related program.
- Now, click on the Quickbooks Pro-related entry.
- Tap on the uninstall tab.
- Lastly, end the process by following the on-screen guidelines.
After performing the onscreen guidelines, do the same task of launching Quickbooks and see if the error is gone or not.
You may also like: Quickbooks Won’t Open
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat file
Move on to this next solution if the solution above would not work for you. In this solution, you need to run the reboot.bat file and these steps below provide you a great lead to do so.
- The first thing that you need to do is to close the Quickbooks desktop.
- Go to the folder having reboot.bat file and open it.
- Navigate to the Quickbooks desktop, right-click on it and then select the Properties option.
- Tap on the open file location.
- Now, you need to right-click on the reboot.bat file and choose Run as a system administrator.
- Try to run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
Note: The file can be shown as reboot.bat or reboot depends on windows folder options settings.
- Ensure not to close the running window as this will turn off the function of the reboot.bat file utility after it gets finished.
- Lastly, start your system again.
Don’t lose hope if you are still getting the error message because we have lots more solutions to fix the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a.
Solution 4: Perform a Window Repair
These steps here help you in executing the window repair of Quickbooks.
- Firstly, close Quickbooks.
- Move towards the windows icon.
- Navigate to the control panel.
- Then, uninstall or change the application.
- Go to the program and select Quickbooks from the list.
- Hit on the uninstall/change button.
- Select the next tab in the Quickbooks installation window.
- Press the repair tab showing at the bottom.
- Now, moving on with hitting the finish tab and follow the later procedure.
- The QuickBooks program will be recovered.
- You are required to reboot the system.
- Open the Quickbooks application to ensure that it opens normally.
After these steps, check the error issue. If you are still receiving disappointment in resolving it then do not worry as there are others solutions too that will surely reach you to your destination.
Solution 5: Scan the system
This is the easiest and smallest solution that requires you to scan your system for all the malware or virus that is hindering the functioning of the software. Carry out the procedure with the steps below:
- In this process, the user needs to use the windows virus and threat protection for the possible virus, malware attacks.
- You can also install and use external anti-virus software for spotting and resolving possible Trojan attacks.
Solution 6: Updating Avast Antivirus Definition
This solution consists of updating avast antivirus definition and program update. Below are the steps for doing the procedure but before moving on to them it is mandatory to consult with your IT specialist before doing any further changes to the anti-virus programs. If they say yes, then move on with these steps.
- Go to the Avast icon and right-click on it.
- Choose the option update.
- Tap on the program.
- Follow the prompts to update the avast program.
- Move a step forwards and update your PC protection as well.
After finishing the above steps, check if the error is there or not. If it is still troubling you and your system then move on towards the next solution.
You may also like: Quickbooks error 15241
Solution 7: Run Windows System File Checker
This is the last solution that you can perform in your system. You need to start the procedure by following these steps below:
- The first thing that the user needs to do is to tap on the start icon and enter the search bar there.
- Then, from the keyboard, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift button and hit the enter key.
- Move ahead by selecting the yes tab appearing on the permission box of the screen.
- Now, a black box prompts up, you need to type SFC/scannow and hit the enter key.
- You need to wait there until System File Checker does the scanning process for error code 80029c4a.
- Move on with the on-screen guidelines to continue with the process.
If you encounter any of the programs listed below in the quarantine section then allow them access to go through the firewall.
- You will find most of these files in C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks (year).
- Files with (x86) having 64-bit versions are found in locations such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks 20XX.
We hope that all these solutions would provide you success in resolving the Quickbooks 2015 error code 80029c4a. But, if somehow the error still appears on your system’s screen then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They will surely provide you help in this matter.
Also, let us know in the comment section which solution resolves the error and how relevant and helpful you find this article. There are more such articles on Quickbooks error, if you face any other critical error on your system then you can take the help from them.