Intuit is just one platform presenting the world of accounting through Quickbooks. The users can access all dynamic features on their devices and make the working process easy. As it is software, Quickbooks generally works on codes and algorithms that bring a path to Quickbooks errors and they prompt into your system. As there are many dynamic features, so there are many Quickbooks errors too. One such error is Quickbooks error 6129.
Quickbooks error 6129 generally occurs in the device when the Quickbooks cannot get access to company files or the verification needs for database connections fails. As a result, the error creates hindrances in the working procedure and makes the user becomes unable to access the company file. There could be so many reasons behind the appearance of error in the device but the main reason is the network connection. If the network is not connected properly then, the chance of having the error becomes double. Quickbooks Error 6073 is one such kind of error that occurs when Quickbooks cannot access the company file.
The error shows that the system having the QB software is providing hindrances in the path of the user for making company files. The user also comes across the QuickBooks error code 6129 0 when the task related to the payroll is being performed.
In this guide, we, the team of Mathomatic, providing you everything related to Quickbooks error 6129. Read the full article below to know in detail about causes, symptoms, and solutions to fix it. Before moving on, let’s understand first what is Quickbooks error code 6129.
What is Quickbooks error code 6129?
As it is mentioned above that the error happens because of the failure in the procedure of accessing the company file. Quickbooks error code often occurs on your system with a text message saying “Error code: -6129, 0 Quickbooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
In order to avoid the error, you have to first check out the reasons causing the error, the symptoms to identify the error, and lastly solutions to fix it. So, let’s first start with the causes behind the error.
Factors responsible for Quickbooks error code (-6129 0)
Just as solutions are important for us to resolve the error, so as, the causes are. As with the knowledge of causes, we can easily get the idea of the solution to fix any Quickbooks error. So let’s start with the factors responsible for the error.
- Antivirus can be the main cause for any kind of Quickbooks error as they do not let the proper function perform for doing some procedure because of their nature of creating hindrances.
- If you have any corrupted and damaged files with extension .nd then also you can have the error on your device.
- Mistakenly uninstalling software can also create the path of the error.
- Having an invalid entry in the Windows registry can also lead to an error. Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 also occurs because of an invalid entry in the Windows registry.
- When you come across an improper system shut down then the error can appear.
- If the domain of the client machine and server does not match then you can encounter the error.
Symptoms of error code 6129 0 QuickBooks?
There are many signs that will help you to identify the error. Let’s know them below.
- A sudden crash of an active window.
- Slow performance of the window.
- When the system becomes freezes then also we have the chance of error. When the system becomes then there are chances to occur Quickbooks error 15243 also.
If you are also having all the signs on your device, then read the troubleshooting below to resolve the error.
How To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 6129 0?
You require to do these procedures before starting the solution as they will help you in better results. So, there are two situations below, you need to first perform according to a situation that you fit in better.
Situation 1: If you are creating a new company file
If you encounter the error while creating a new company file, then you can do the steps mentioned below to get rid of it:
- First, go to the easy action interview screen and then click on the exit or leave option.
- Move ahead with saving the file and selecting the yes tab.
- At last, type the different file name and click on the Save button.
Situation 2: If you open or update the company files
- In the first step, you need to check if the problem is file-related or not. In order to do so, first, go to the sample company file, and open it.
- Take the help of the below steps if the problem is occurring in all company files.
- Before performing any solutions mentioned below, you need to first log in as a window admin.
Having done the steps mentioned above, now start the real game of troubleshooting the error. In an attempt to do so, follow the lead of solutions taking you and your system to the more fast working of Quickbooks.
1. Crafting another folder for Quickbooks Company files
This is the first troubleshooting that you have to perform to eradicate the error. Below are the steps for doing the same:
- The very first step you need to do is create another file folder.
- So, make a new folder and move the Quickbooks company files into it.
- If you are using only one system for Quickbooks then, you can take the lead of steps giving in situation 1.
- But, if you are having Quickbooks in more than one system then follow the steps stated below.
- Go to the window start button.
- Click programs.
- Open Quickbooks.
- Then, click on Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- On the screen select the scan folder option.
- If you find no folder having the company file then, click Add a new folder.
- Choose the scan option.
- Now, if the procedure of scanning is finished then select the close option.
- At last, go to the company file and open it.
If the error is not resolved with the first solution then you can move on to the next solution.
2. Update Quickbooks
Up-to-date Quickbooks is very essential for performing any kind of task and eradicating the error. You can also follow this step to solve Quickbooks error 15270. You can easily update Quickbooks with the steps below. So, follow the steps and update it with the latest version available in the market.
- First of all, go to Quickbooks desktop and open Quickbooks.
- Click on the help menu and select the update Quickbooks Desktop option.
- Now, select the update now tab.
- Then, Click on the blue highlighted tab named Get Updates.
- After that, you can restart your system if the download process is done properly.
- Finally, after the completion of the download process, you will see a window containing instructions, click on that and move ahead with the installing process.
After finishing the updating process, check the error is there or not if it pops up again then take the lead of the third solution provided below.
3. Use Windows in Safe Mode
Antivirus and antimalware can disrupt the connection. In order to configure antivirus properties and to avoid the error, perform the steps given below.
- Firstly, start the system as it is without making any changes.
- Now, go to the running anti-virus software and switch it off.
- Then, go to create another company file.
- Keep your system in normal working mode.
- After that, reboot your system.
- Go to Quickbooks, open it and then, double-click on the company files to open it as well.
- Finally, check if the error disappears or not if it is still appearing then follow the next solution.
4. Rename Quickbooks files (.ND)
Start this troubleshoot by renaming the Quickbooks files with the steps given below:
- The first step requires you to go to Quickbooks and search for .ND files.
- Now, right-click to get the old name of the file and move on by clicking on the rename tab.
- Then, at the end of the file name, type OLD and press enter.
- These steps above are efficient enough if you are using only one system for the company file. But, move towards the further steps if you want to access the same company file in more than a system.
- Go to the windows start option.
- Then, open programs and click Quickbooks.
- After that, select Quickbooks database server manager and choose the scan folder.
- If you are unable to see the folder containing the company file then you have to go to Add folder.
- Now, add the folder.
- You have to click on the scan tab and wait until the scanning process is done.
- Close it if it is done.
- At last, go to the company file, open it and check the error disappears or not.
5. Get all the systems on the one domain
You have to get all the systems on one domain to decrease the possibility of error code 6129 0 Quickbooks. You can do this with the help of IT technicians or Network Administrator as they will perform this task better.
6. Run Windows as an Administrator
Usually, the error appears on our screen when we have not done the procedure of logging in as admin. In order to avoid the error, you have to do the following steps.
- First, you need to go to the company file and open it.
- Then, log in to windows as a system administrator. This will help you to update your company file.
- But, the process requires an Admin logo. If you don’t have the admin logo then take the help of IT technicians.
7. Solution During Easy Step Interview
You can get rid of the error with this solution too. The things that you are required to do here are in the steps below.
- The very first step that you need to do is select leave when the easy step interview window appears on your device.
- Now, click yes on the message containing Save the file?
- At last, type your file name and hit save.
8. Run Quickbooks file Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor is the best tool to cure any type of Quickbooks error. Quickbooks won’t open error is one of them which you can resolve through file doctor. You can download it to fix the Quickbooks error code (-6129 0) too. You can easily download it from Quickbooks Tool Hub. You can check from here how to download the Quickbooks file Doctor tool.
After doing the procedure of installing and running Quickbooks file doctor on your device. You can check whether the error is there or not. If it is still there then go to the wrap-up part having the best solution for Quickbooks error code 6129.
We hope that the article made it easier for you to resolve the issue. After performing all the tasks, if the error still pops up on your system then you can take the help of a Quickbooks customer care executive. Also, don’t forget to recommend this article to the businessmen who are using Quickbooks and don’t know what to do when the error appears. You can also check out our other articles on Quickbooks errors and solve any error that appears on the computer screen. You can check another article on Quickbooks firewall error.