Quickbooks is the best accounting instrument used to track the financial records of small and tiny entrepreneurs. But, being software it usually corrupts with some errors and technical glitches that bring hindrances into the working procedure. If you also having one of the Quickbooks errors in your device then check out our website as it covers all the solutions to every kind of Quickbooks error that might interrupt your device. Well, if we talk about this article, then it contains a troubleshooting guide for Quickbooks error 6123.
Not only the troubleshooting, but we also provide you the triggers of the error. In order to know about the causes and solutions, you have to bind yourself till the end of the article as it contains every little detail and knowledge of the QuickBooks error -6123, 0. After knowing what are the important points that we are going to cover, now, let’s proceed towards what is Quickbooks error 6123.
What is Quickbooks Error 6123?
Quickbooks error 6123 generally occurs on the device when the user tries to open a company file in multi-user mode or tries to upgrade a company file to a newer version of Quickbooks.
The message that arises to our window screen while doing the task of opening and upgrading Quickbooks contains the following texts “Connection to the Quickbooks company file has been lost.”
It can be really frustrating and irritating to encounter the error while performing the task. So, what will do to resolve it? Well, as we are here so you don’t have to worry about anything related to the error issue because we are already come with the solutions to fix it. So, in order to resolve the error, read the remaining guide below containing causes and troubleshooting.
Factors responsible for Quickbooks error 6123, 0
There can be so many factors that lead to the error but here we are providing some of the major causes that lead to the Quickbooks error 6123, 0 into your system.
- Damaged or corrupted Quickbooks data or program files.
- In the McAfee antivirus, the Black Web bugs filter option is selected.
- Damaging of Windows OS.
- If you are trying to restore a backup from the removable storage device or from a flash drive.
- Mistakenly change the name of the computer system that is hosting the Quickbooks company file during the time of hosting is turned on.
- Due to the firewall security that leads to the blocking of the port that is essential in the communicating process with the server hosting the company file.
- Irresponsibly, run multiple versions of Quickbooks database service.
These are all the main causes that lead to the error issue. In order to resolve the error 6123 0 Quickbooks, the user needs to remove all the factors that hindrances the system, and in order to do so, the user has to go through the troubleshooting provided below:
Troubleshooting to fix Quickbooks error 6123, 0?
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, the user needs to remove special characters from the file name. Keep in mind, to have only 30 or fewer characters without any spaces.
1. Rename the two files .ND and .TLG file
- Go to the folder having Quickbooks file
- Select the file having extension .ND at the end.
- Choose the rename option by right-clicking on the company file.
- You need to rename .ND file as .ND.OLD and .TLG file as .TLG.OLD.
- At last, open the Quickbooks company file.
2. Auto Data Recovery Function
There can be a possibility that the auto data recovery file is corrupted and thus lead to an error issue in the system. In order to resolve the issue, you need to restore the .ADR copy of the file. You can click on the link QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery and get some knowledge about its functions.
3. Install the Quickbooks Application Again
You need to have your Product and license info before moving on with the steps.
- Firstly, uninstall the Quickbooks that is currently running from the control panel option.
- Try to download the Quickbooks variant which you want to utilize in your system.
- Now, install the Quickbooks in normal mode.
- Then, enter your Product ID and license number.
- The Quickbooks will be registered and activate to use when you complete these credentials.
- Finally, open your company file.
4. Remove characters from the file name
You need to ensure with the following things.
- The company file name should be less than 30 characters.
- It is considered to not include any space or special characters.
5. Recover the company file
- In this solution, the user required to transfer the backup file to the local hard drive and also avoid opening those files from the removed driver or online storage.
- Then follow these steps below and restore your company file from a backup.
If the Quickbooks error 6123, 0 is seen during restoring a backup.qbb on a new system
- Firstly, try to open Quickbooks desktop on the system that you are using to create the backup of the company file.
- Go to the original company file and open it.
- Then, create a portable copy of the company file.
- Now, you have to open Quickbooks desktop on the new system.
- At last, Restore the company file with the use of a portable copy instead of a backup.
6. Permission for Quickbooks folder
You need to go to the host computer and then to the folder that contains the Quickbooks desktop company file. Now, you must allow full access to the user with Quickbooks database server manager user.
7. Run Quick Fix my Programs
Quick fix my program is a great tool to resolve any kind of Quickbooks error issue. In order to run it, the user has to do the steps below.
- First, close your Quickbooks.
- Then, you need to download the Quickbooks tool hub updated version and save your file to the folder that can be accessed easily.
- Now, open the file that you download in the above step.
- Follow the steps that are prompted on the screen to install the tool and also click on the agree to the license agreement.
- In order to open the tool, you need to double-click the icon.
- Go to the program problems in the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Click on the Quick fix my program. It will take some time to run if you are having multiple versions of Quickbooks.
- At last, open Quickbooks and see the issue is resolved or not.
8. Craft a new window user
The user needs to create a new window user if there is a risk in the current windows user login. In order to do so, perform the steps below.
- Go to the Control panel tab and open it.
- In the user icon, choose to create a new account.
- Select the administrator for user type.
- Then, you need to log out from the existing account.
- Now, start the system again and login with the new user credentials.
- Transfer the company file to the desktop.
- Lastly, go to Quickbooks and open the company file.
9. Disabling System Security Programs
If your system is having McAfee security software then it can be the reason that leads to the Quickbooks error 6123. This is the leading solution as many users have resolved the error issue with this method. You can also do it.
For disabling system security programs, You have to disable it to resolve the issue. Anti-malware or anti-virus can lead to so many hindrances into the system as they stop the programs and files essential for updating the Quickbooks. After disabling it, the user needs to open Quickbooks again and check the error is there or not.
10. Run Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks file doctor tool is a great tool that can eradicate any kind of Quickbooks error. If you don’t know how to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool on your system then you can check out our article containing everything about it.
After running the Quickbooks file doctor tool, the user needs to perform the steps below.
- Look for the Quickbooks company file.
- Select the option check file damage only and then choose the diagnose file option.
- Enter the admin password and select the OK tab.
- Click on the open file in the newer version or the repaired file in the existing version.
- Now, follow all the steps appearing on the screen remained to be done.
- At last, start your system again.
With these above solutions, you will surely get rid of the error issue but if somehow you cannot resolve the error then you can proceed to the final words section containing the solution to this issue.
So, these are the efficient solutions to solve Quickbooks errors 6123. We wish that all your problems disappear after conducting the procedure. You can contact to Quickbooks support team to know more about the software at any time. They work 24 hours to get 100% customer satisfaction.