With each passing year, Quickbooks is gaining momentum in its popularity with its unique features and updates. It has a wide range of benefits but being software, users face a lot of technical bugs and errors. Quickbooks Error 6073 is one such kind of error. It is usually experienced when a user tries to open the company file in multi-user mode. This type of message will pop up:
What is Quickbooks Error Code 6073?
QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
Resolving the issue can be very time-consuming for a user and can also damage your data but in this article, you can get the causes and the easiest ways on how to fix the QuickBooks error- 6073.
Reasons for Quickbooks 6073 Error
There are many reasons and causes for the occurrence of this error. A few of the major causes have been discussed below:
- The company file is accessed through the multi-user mode in another system.
- The company file is present in a read-only network location folder.
- Using various credentials to log in to the files in Unix and Linux servers can cause this kind of error.
- The host computer system is still logged in and the company files are simultaneously being accessed via the remote software.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 6073
Different situations can arise due to QuickBooks error 6073 99001 but the steps given below can be easily implemented as per the requirement of the user. To fix this error, you can use these simple solutions.
Method 1: Fix the error by using QuickBooks File Doctor (QFD)
The Quickbooks File Doctor Tool is one of the best ways used to resolve QB bugs and glitches. Quickbooks error 6123 can be resolved through the file doctor tool. You need to download this tool and simply run it to fix the issue. We have provided the steps to help you with this procedure, follow the steps given below:
- Search for QuickBooks Tool Hub’s latest Version (1.4.0) and download the file.
- Save it to the directory in your system.
- QuickBooksToolHUb.exe will appear in the directory. Click on it and open the file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the Quickbooks tool hub by clicking on it.
- Under it, find the Company Files issues tab and select it.
- Now select the run QuickBooks file doctor tab. It will be loaded in a minute but if it fails to do so, you can manually launch it by searching for the QuickBooks file.
- Under the File Doctor tab, Choose the company file from the menu. You can also search for the file by using the “Browse” option
- Now, you need to choose the file to be checked and click on continue.
- At last, you need to enter the administrator password and tap OK.
- The process will be completed.
Method 2: Unavailable or Corrupted Network Data File
The network data file can be corrupted so, it is necessary to fix this corrupted network data file. The steps given below can be used to resolve this issue:
- Right-click on the mouse.
- Now Open Windows Explorer.
- Find the location of the folder that stores the QuickBooks company file
- After selecting the company file, right-click on it.
- Now you can see the company file with Network Data and QB company file extension
- Modify the file extension from .ndold and then press Enter.
- Open QuickBooks now and then select the company file again.
- QuickBooks will make another network data file for the company file and the file will become uncorrupted.
Method 3: The Network data and transaction log files are marked as hidden files
We can also check whether the network data files and transaction log files are named as hidden files. You can fix the error by carrying out the following steps:
- Find “My Computer” and under it choose the Tools menu.
- Now, choose the Folders option.
- After this, Find the View Tab and select it.
- Under this tab, you can see the “Show Hidden Files and folders” option
- Once we select it, choose the data folder to access network data files and transaction log files.
- Right-click on the Network data files, Now select the “Properties” option.
- You can delete the hidden option and then press OK.
- The files will no longer be hidden.
You can Also Read, QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 – How to Fix it Easily?
Method 4: Fixing Quickbooks Error 6073 99001 Manually
Quickbooks Error Code 6073 can also be resolved manually but it depends on different kinds of situations. You can find the step by step procedure below on how to fix this error manually:
Situation 1: If any user opens the company file in Single-user mode
- Firstly you need to close all the QuickBooks desktops on all PCs.
- Now, Access the company file via the host system.
- Using the file menu, you can switch to the multi-user mode.
- The issue will be solved but even if the error remains, you will have to reboot all the systems at the workstations.
Situation 2: In case, the company file is accessed using Single-user mode in the host system
- Select the File Menu and click on the close company.
- Now, reopen the company file.
- Find the “Open or Restore Company” option from the file menu.
- Again double click on the company file and choose Next.
- As all this is done, select the company file and further choose the open file in multi-user mode.
Situation 3: If the storage of the company file is in a read-only network folder
- Firstly, you need access to the host system.
- Now, open the directory location where the company file is stored.
- Right-click on the folder and then choose the Properties option.
- Find the security tab and select the user with login issues.
- Now use the Edit option.
- Make the desired changes and tap on Select Allow.
- Then click on Apply and select the OK button.
Situation 4: Remote access of the system through LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Esc.
- You will find the task Manager option.
- Now select the “Processes” option and check whether there are any running processes in the background with the same name with which you are having errors.
- If you find any such processes running, then you can close the task manager and restart the system.
Method 5: Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks error -6073 can be resolved by using Quick Fix my Program under QuickBooks Tools Hub. You can also resolve Quickbooks error 6210 by downloading the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Select Qbs Tool Hub software on your computer.
- Now click on Program Problems and tap on Quick Fix my Program.
- Restart the QuickBooks Desktop and reopen the data file.
Following the steps given above, you can easily fix Quickbooks error 6073. For varied reasons, if the bugs and errors still persist, you can seek technical assistance from experienced professionals with proper knowledge and expertise.