If you are using Quickbooks then you are very well aware of the Quickbooks error 1904 but if you don’t know then still don’t worry as we are providing you a simple and quick guide consisting of everything that you need to know about the error. Like any other error, this error also arises due to some factors and causes. In this guide, we will enlighten you with the error issue, factors leading to it and thereon bring you some of the best troubleshooting to resolve it.
What is Quickbooks Error 1904?
Well, you can encounter Quickbooks error 1904 on your system during the task of installing Quickbooks files when the files and folders in your system are not registered properly which also indicated from the error text that reads Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare\cv32.dll failed to register.
Other than this, the error can also occur after upgrading your operating system. For instance, if you perform an update of Windows Vista to Windows 7 then there is a chance that you may encounter this error.
If you are having multiple QB errors on your system’s screen with texts like ICWrapper.dll, qbprefs.dll, qbupdate.exe, RcnFndRequestHandler.dll then the main factor responsible for this is Microsoft Visual C++ damaged component.
What are the Causes of Quickbooks Error 1904
Below are listed some of the main causes that can lead to the error issue. You can troubleshoot each and every cause with the troubleshooting guide provided to you. But, before moving on to them, let’s first consider these factors that are leading to such kinds of issues in your system and hinders your way towards the business functionality.
- When you have not rebooted your system properly after upgrading the operating system from one version to another. Then, this might lead to the error issue.
- Damaging and corruption of Quickbooks file can also make you encounter the error in your system.
- If you receive messages of particular files such as qbupdate.exe and dll then again you may have the error.
- Adobe Flash Player installation can also arise this error.
- If you disable Bitfender while installing Quickbooks then also, you can encounter the error 1904. module failed to register Quickbooks on your system.
After receiving all of these causes, the user needs to perform the troubleshooting that can easily resolve the error issue and thereon bring ease like earlier in the working of the software.
You may also like:Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error 1935 .net Framework
How to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 1904 module failed to register
The user needs to perform the solutions below to troubleshoot Quickbooks log in error 1904. But, before moving on, the user needs to ensure that he/she performs each and every step carefully without skipping anyone as this can harm the data or the files and thus slows down Quickbooks- the dominant tool of the accounting world. So, keeping this in mind, start the troubleshooting with the first solution.
Solution 1: Steps to Resolve the Error Manually
In this solution, the user needs to activate the build-in-administrator that can be achieved manually. In order to do so, there are given 5 steps below. Execute them carefully and move on with the procedure.
Step 1: Activate Build-in Administrator
- From the keyboard, press the window keys.
- Enter CMD with right-clicking on the CMD/Command Prompt/cmd.exe. Choose to Run as administrator.
- Type the “net user administrator /active:yes” in the command prompt window and press the enter key.
Step 2: Switch to the build-in Administrator Account
- From the keyboard, hit the Ctrl + Alt + Delete together and click on the Switch User Windows 8 users. Try to tap on the windows tab and then on the user icon appearing on the upper right of your system.
- Now press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously and select the default Administrator account.
Step 3: Hide build-in Administrator Account
- From the keyboard, tap on the windows button.
- In the search box, enter CMD.
- Move forward by right-clicking on the CMD/ Command Prompt/ cmd.exe and select the tab Run as administrator.
- You need to type net user administrator /active:no in the command box and then press the enter key.
Step 4: Changing Installation Directory Security Settings
- Browse the file C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Click on the properties tab by right-clicking on the common files folder.
- Move towards to security tab and select the edit icon.
- Navigate to Group or user names and select the users.
- Now, you need to allow access for the following things under the Permissions for users tab.
- List Folder Contents
- Read and Execute
- Then, hit the apply button and later on the OK tab.
Step 5: Quickbooks Installation
- After performing all the tasks, you need to install Quickbooks desktop again.
- Once the installation is finished, move a step ahead by switching to the original user log-in.
After performing all these solutions, the Quickbooks error 1904 will surely be disappeared but if it still there then the cause might be something else. You need to perform every solution to eradicate that irritable cause.
Solution 2: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This is a great tool to resolve any kind of Quickbooks error. Quickbooks error 1904 can also be fixed by it. In order to run this tool, look at the steps below:
- The first step that you need to do is to click on the ignore button appearing on the error message and complete the Quickbooks installation. Make sure to not open Quickbooks software.
- Start the computer again.
- Now, download and run the Quickbooks desktop install diagnostic tool if the Quickbooks installation did not complete.
- Reboot the computer.
- If you still facing the error 1904. module failed to register Quickbooks on your window then you can activate the built-in Administrator and install Quickbooks software under the built-in administrator account.
Moving on towards some special cases given below if the error Still prompts up on your device.
You may also like: How To Fix Quickbooks Error 1334?
Case 1: If the error references QBversionTool.dll
Solution 1: Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Try to install and run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool in your system.
- Now, reboot the system and install Quickbooks again.
Solution 2: Check permissions and use hidden (built-in) Administrator account
In this solution, you need to create a notepad file and to verify the permissions, save it to the installation directory.
- Press Windows + R keys together and open the run window.
- In the dialog box appears, enter notepad and then hit the OK tab.
- Then, enter QBTEST in the notepad file.
- Move forward by clicking on the file menu and selecting the save as icon.
- At last, save the notepad file to the installation directory
- 32-bitC:\Program Files\Common Files.
- 64-bitC:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files.
Case 2: If you have Bitdefender
If you turn off or disable the Bitdefender while doing the Quickbooks installation then it cannot resolve the error issue. You have to add the C:\Program Files\Common Files (for 32-bit machines) or C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit (for 64-bit machines) while installing Quickbooks in the presence of Bitdefender.
Case 3: If the error arises while Adobe Flash Player installation
- Try to download and install Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool on the system having Quickbooks file.
- Go to Adobe Flash Player and uninstall it with these easy steps
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys together.
- Enter the control panel and press the OK button.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Now, select Adobe Flash PlayerActiveX
- Press the uninstall tab.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and finish the process.
- At last, download and install the Adobe Flash Player from the official website.
After performing all the solutions, check if the error is gone or not. If it still disturbing you and your system then there is only one option left for you that you can check in the final take section. Before, jumping to that, check these essential points below.
Some Keys Notes to Consider
- The above-mentioned solution would not work if you are working with the QB Database Manager.
- Quickbooks error 1904 mostly occurs in Microsoft Windows when the installation does not have provided the access to an administrator.
- Keep in mind that exe is already installed on the system before installing Avalara Avatax.
- The issue can also occur if the user tries to install the connector on a Server without QB exe installed on it.
- The installation should inform you that it was finished successfully when you click on the OK tab of the error.
- Navigate to Ava Tax Configuration (File>Ava TAx> Configuration)
- Try to run Quickbooks as an administrator.
- choose the test connection option.
You may also like: How To Resolve Quickbooks Error 1722?
We hope that all these solutions will solve all your queries related to Quickbooks error 1904 but if you still find the error issue on your system then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They are technicians in this field and will surely provide you great help in this matter. Also, write down in the comment which solution resolves the error and how do you find this article.
You can also check out our other articles at mathomatics covering a lot more about Quickbooks errors that as a user of Quickbooks you should know. You can visit mathomatic at any time and find all the solutions related to any Quickbooks errors. Lastly, share the blog post with the other users who are getting kinds of Quickbooks errors on their system.