Quickbooks is known for its tools and features. Having being evolved as the world’s best accounting software, this software providing all the needs of the users involving in medium and small enterprises. But, due to some reasons, the software becomes corrupted with bugs and errors and slows down the system. In this article, we will be discussing one such error, Quickbooks error 15241.
Quickbooks error 15241 generally pops up on the screen while doing tasks related to updating the software and payroll services. Many users have faced the error in their system. If your system is also get corrupted with this error then follow the article, taking you to all the possible solutions that can help you fix the Quickbooks update error 15241.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started with Quickbooks error 15241.
What is Quickbooks update error 15241?
As we told earlier that the error occurs while performing or doing the tasks related to download and update payrolls. But, this happens because of installing damaged Quickbooks and disabling Quickbooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS). There are more such Quickbooks errors like Quickbooks Update error 15106 and Quickbooks error ps033 that are appeared while doing the Payroll update. You can also check them out to know about the reasons, symptoms, and solutions to resolve these kinds of errors and decrease the future possibility of having the error in your system.
Getting back to Quickbooks update error 15241, the error appears with a text saying “The payroll update did not complete successfully and Quickbooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled.” If your system showing the error then remove it as soon as possible as it can corrupt or damage your programs and data stored in your system. but before moving on, let’s first understand what is file copy service.
What is Quickbooks File Copy Service?
Quickbooks file copy service is also known as Intuit.Quickbooks.FCS.exe file. It serves the function of executing the update of Quickbooks. Mistakenly, if we disable it then it becomes hard to perform the task of updating Quickbooks as well as Payroll. In order to remove the error, the user also needs to able the functioning of the File Copy Service.
This is one of the reasons that lead to the error but there are many more. Let’s check them below.
Factors responsible for Error 15241 Quickbooks
Factors are as much important as the solutions as they give us a rough idea of what are the things in our system that leads to the error. After knowing the causes, we can easily take the lead of solutions given below.
- If the user downloads the file and somehow it becomes corrupted then lead to this error.
- Incomplete Quickbooks installation provides the path to the error.
- If the system is having a trojan attack.
- Antivirus and anti-malware can also lead the error.
- Mistakenly deleting some essential Quickbooks files.
- At the time of installation of Quickbooks, the windows registry got corrupted.
- At last, disabling of Quickbooks File Copy Service.
These are all the main causes that can lead to error 15241. Now, let’s move towards the signs and symptoms that will help you in identifying the error.
How to Identify Quickbooks Error 15241?
- A sudden crash in the active window.
- The system slows down and responds slowly.
- On Quickbooks desktop, you will see an update notification.
- Unable to perform the function of payroll update.
Whenever you see that your system having the same symptoms then you can easily identify the error and get back to the solution to fix the future possibility of the error. Now, moving on towards the solutions that you can do entirely on your own and transform the functionality of Quickbooks.
Solutions to fix the Quickbooks Error 15241
Here, we are providing you the step-by-step guide leading to resolve Quickbooks error 15241.
1. Resolve the error in Windows 7, Windows Vista
- The very first step that you need to do is to close the Quickbooks Desktop Software.
- Go to the Start menu tab.
- Now, go to the My Computer option.
- Choose the manage option by right-clicking on my computer.
- Now, you will encounter a new window Computer Management.
- Go to the left-side bottom of your compute screen and select the Services and Application option.
- Then, double-click on the Services.
- After that, you will see a list of services.
- Double-click on Intuit Quickbooks FCS.
- Go to the General tab, click on that.
- Choose the manual option from the drop-down menu of startup type.
- Select apply.
- Then, select start and Ok.
- Go to Quickbooks Desktop and open it.
- Search for the Quickbooks desktop product updates and start the downloading process.
- At last, Update payroll tax tables.
2. Fix Quickbooks Error 15241 windows 10 & window 8
- Perform the first step of solution number one.
- Go to the Start menu button.
- Now, type this PC in the search field and right-click on it.
- Then, select the manage option.
- Select the services tab and then choose applications from the left pane.
- Go to the services and click on it with the right pane.
- Open Intuit Quickbooks FCS by double-clicking.
- From the drop-down menu, select startup type.
- Choose the manual option appearing in the startup window.
- Hit apply tab.
- Select the start tab and click OK.
- Open Quickbooks desktop again.
- Click Quickbooks Desktop product updates and download it.
- Now, you can update the latest payroll tax tables.
3. For the users having Windows XP Operating Software
- Do the same steps again, close Quickbooks desktop software.
- Click desktop, go to My Computers, and right-click on it.
- Select the tab named manage.
- Now, you will see the computer management window open in your system
- Then, go to the services option under services and application.
- After that, double-click on the Intuit Quickbooks FCS service.
- Select General option appearing in Intuit Quickbooks FCS service.
- Now choose the manual option from the startup type tab.
- Hit OK.
- Start Quickbooks desktop again and download the latest release updated version available in the market.
- Now, update the payroll tax tables.
4. Updating Payroll Tax Table
- The first step you need to do is to open Quickbooks Desktop and download the payroll tax table in it.
- Go to the Quickbooks application.
- Then, select the employee’s tab.
- In the list that appears, choose Get Payroll Updates.
- Now, go to the download entire payroll update and select it.
- Click on the update option.
- Finally, you have your payroll up-to-date.
No matter what windows you use, we gave you all the methods through which you can easily resolve the Quickbooks update error 15241. But, if you find the error again then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team they will surely help you out in this matter. Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts with us in the comment section.