Quickbooks with its dynamic features and build quality emerges as the best software in the world of accounting. With its performance, it is gaining the trust of the users. The functionality of Quickbooks is such that it can bring so many tasks in just a short span of time. Many users find Quickbooks a great tool to do finance-related work at their fingertips. This is the mechanism of Quickbooks that provides this tool so many good reviews. But, sometimes the software gets some technical issues like Quickbooks error 15215 server not responding. In this article, we are going to discuss the same error and troubleshooting methods to resolve them.
Like any other software, Quickbooks also gets errors while going on with some tasks. There are so many Quickbooks errors that generally corrupt the system and the data stored in the file. One such error is Quickbooks error #15215. The error generally prompts into the system while doing payroll updates. In order to know more about this error. Move towards the next section.
What is Quickbooks Error 15215 Server Not Responding?
Quickbooks error 15215 signifies that the system is unable to verify the digital signature. It creates hindrances to the server and disables it to react to the procedure. The main cause of the error can be the corrupted application that is running in the system background as many users have stated that the error occurs when some other application is running in the background while downloading a payroll update.
Firewall setting can also be the main cause behind the error as due to its setting, it can block the Quickbooks desktop from connecting to the update server. There can be so many causes behind this error and our main aim is to abolish all the causes that bring these kinds of Quickbooks error in our system. Before, moving on to the troubleshooting, let’s move on towards some more causes that make the error appear on the system.
Also Read: Quickbooks update error 15106
Causes lead to Quickbooks error #15215
These causes are very helpful to eradicate the error as all these will give you the idea that what mistakes you often do while doing some tasks and how these mistakes turn into the reason behind such Quickbooks error. So, here is the list below:
- If the user has done an incomplete download, corrupt download and imperfect setup then it can lead to the error so avoid this mistake.
- If you are having malware or virus on your device then it can also bring the error as it corrupts Quickbooks payroll program files or Windows system files.
- If the internet explorer is not your default browser then also you can have the error 15215 Quickbooks.
- Quickbooks payroll-related files are mistakenly or unknowingly deleted by another program or application.
- The Internet connection can also lead to the error as if it is not connected securely then it prevents the procedure of downloading Payroll.
After getting the list of causes, now you have to resolve the error and with the solution below you can do it. But, before moving on, let’s first talk about the signs that will make you identify Quickbooks error #15215.
Signs to Identify Quickbooks maintenance release error 15215
- The very first identification is the error text itself appearing on your window with the text saying “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature”.
- When you will encounter a sudden crash in the running programs.
- Sluggish performance of other applications.
- The ongoing task freezes for a couple of seconds.
- Continuously appearing the same error text while running a particular program.
If your system also having the same signs then you can have an error in your device. Now, let us move on to troubleshooting to eradicate the error and to have an error-free system.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15215 Server not Responding?
In order to fix the error 15215 Quickbooks, the user needs to perform the troubleshooting provided below:
Troubleshoot 1: Restart the System
The very first troubleshoot that the user requires to do is restart the system because it can fix so many errors caused by network issues, printing issues, and internet issues. After doing the procedure if you still have QuickBooks error #15215 then you can give one more try by closing all the applications that are running in the system background. If still the error texts prompt up and you encounter one of the signs of the error then move on towards the next troubleshooting.
Troubleshoot 2: Running Quickbooks Desktop as the Window’s Administrator
Through this troubleshoot, Quickbooks becomes enable to take priority over other apps. In order to perform the troubleshooting. Check the steps below:
- Before performing any task, close your Quickbooks Desktop program.
- Then, go to the desktop icon and right-click on it.
- Now, choose the Run as administrator.
- If your window is appearing with the message saying “Would you want to let this program to make modifications to your own computer?” Just click on the yes tab.
Troubleshoot 3: Reboot Windows in Selective Start-up
- The very first step that you need to perform is to close the Quickbooks Desktop.
- Now, click on the tab named run with the steps given below.
- If you are a user of Windows XP. Go to the Start icon and click on run.
- Windows 7 and Vista’s users can click on the start > all programs > accessories > run.
- The user of Windows 8 and 10 can press Windows + R keys to open the run window.
- Then, the user has to type the MSConfig command in the box, followed by clicking on the OK tab.
- After that, the user will see the window named System Configuration Utility appearing on your device.
- Select the Selective Startup option and remove the checkmark from the Load startup items.
- To save the changes click on the OK tab.
- Start the system again.
- When the system restarts, open Quickbooks again and go to the most current tax table.
- If the downloads are successfully completed then proceed with the other task by following 1 to 7 steps to go back to the System Configuration Utility.
- Select the Normal Startup tab.
- Click on the OK button.
- At last, start the system again.
Also Read: Quickbooks error 15222
Troubleshoot 4: Check Use TLS 1.0
In this troubleshooting, the user has to check Use TLS 1.0 and uncheck Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2. In order to do the setup, the user needs to perform the steps below:
- The first step that the user needs to do is to close the Quickbooks program.
- Now, go to Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools and Click on the Intenet Option.
- Then on the advanced.
- After that, select the advanced settings.
- Checkmark TLS 1.0 and uncheck Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2.
- After performing the above steps, select the OK tab.
- Move forward by rebooting the system.
- Restart the system.
- At last, start the procedure of downloading payroll updates
Troubleshoot 5: Clean Boot Windows
Sometimes the error resolved by cleaning boot windows as the system has some items in it that lead to the error. If you think that some of your items or program installed in your system arises the cause of the QuickBooks update error 15215 server not responding that you can clean it by visiting Microsoft official website.
After cleaning the items, if the error message does not appear on your system’s screen then this might be the real cause of the error. So, keep in mind to perform this troubleshoot as well.
Troubleshoot 6: Manually Installing Updates
- The first step that the user needs to do is to go to update Quickbooks to the latest release.
- Move forward by selecting the product.
- Now, go to the change option and then select the Quickbooks product.
- Then, choose the update option and after that choose where you want to save the file.
- Click on the save.
- Locate the file that you downloaded earlier.
- Go to the Install the update option and double click on it.
- Having done the installation process, start the windows again.
- Now, go to Quickbooks and open it by double-clicking.
- At last, check, did you receive the latest update.
We hope all these solutions will work for you but if somehow the error issue does not get resolved then you can contact the customer care team of Quickbooks. They will surely provide you great help in this matter.