QuickBooks is proficient accounting software for people who want to do programming with simple usable features to handle day-to-day accounting operations for business needs. It is helpful programming that serves the clients flawless accounting solutions. QuickBooks is additionally known for being user-friendly software.
But the most annoying things to deal with are bugs and errors that no doubt we all don’t like. QUICKBOOKS ERROR 15106 is one such error that is encountered by users. When this error occurs, the screen gets a message-Error 15106: ‘The update program is damaged or the update program can’t be opened.
When does a user encounter QuickBooks Error 15106?
QUICKBOOKS ERROR 15106 is an error that occurs while installing the latest update which means that a bug or error is stopping the latest software from updating all versions of QuickBooks Desktop. This indicated that updated software is damaged or corrupted. The screen shows an error message of being unable to launch the updated program.
Here, you will get to know everything from causes, effects to solutions for QuickBooks payroll update error 15106.
It’s frustrating when users get the notifications like – ‘The update program cannot be opened’. This led users to wonder, why such notifications just pop up on their screen. Well, there are few reasons which cause this error.
- Your current antivirus is stopping to install the latest update of QuickBooks. There could be the presence of Spy Sweeper in the webroot antivirus program.
- You’re not signed in with the username having administrator-level rights.
- The UAC settings of your system can also be an issue.
- Third-party antivirus or anti-malware programs. Quickbooks error 12031 also occurs due to anti-malware programs.
How to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15106 in Four Simple Steps
If you ever come in a situation of facing QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106, you will need to take all steps suggested below to repair the errors.
Solution 1: Log in as an administrator
If you are not logged in with your username then you won’t get the rights to access all the data. This could lead to error. Press right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and select Run as Administrator. Then, enter your admin ID with a password. Press the OK button. If the problem persists, then don’t worry, move to more solutions mentioned below.
Solution 2: Remove Webroot Spyware Sweeper
To repair the error you can remove or uninstall Webroot Spyware Sweeper. To do so, you need to open ‘add/remove programs in the windows and fix the issue.
You Might Also Like, How To Fix Quickbooks Error H202?
Solution 3: Turning off User Account Control (UAC)
- Press Windows + R keys and after that open the Run window. Then, the user is suggested to type in the Control panel and press the OK button.
- Now opt for the User Accounts, and then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Now, hit on the change user account control settings option. (If the user is prompted by UAC, then choose Yes to continue).
- After that, move the slider and set it to Never Notify, then turn UAC OFF. you can also set it to Always Notify in case you want to turn on UAC.
- The last method is to restart your system.
Solution 4: Disable your Antivirus and Rename QuickBooks Update Folder
This is one of the most common methods that a user can opt for, in case the above methods failed to remove the error. The steps are:
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys together, it will open Task Manager.
- Move to the Processes tab to look for [ANTIVIRUS].exe.
For example: Avast ->avast.exe . You have to uninstall the antivirus application in case an error is encountered.
- Then select, End Process.
There is another error known as Quickbooks error 15222, which occurs when Quickbooks is unable to download updated files. You can solve this error by following its troubleshooting steps.
After following all the above-mentioned steps, a user won’t face QuickBooks support update error 15106. With these easy four methods, errors can be fixed easily, but if you are still stuck with some issues because of various reasons, dialing QuickBooks payroll contact number would be best to get simple support with the instant guidance of QuickBooks experts. There are many payroll errors that occur while using Quickbooks software. Quickbooks error ps033 is one of them.