QuickBooks is accounting software that is widely used by different businesses to manage the data of a company in an organized way. It is easy to access but with its varied embedded features, there are still many errors that arise while operating this innovative application. If you are facing a QBs error named QuickBooks Error 1334, then you have come to the right place. Before we let you know the easiest troubleshooting methods, you must have the correct information about this error and how to identify its occurrence and its causes.
Error 1334 QuickBooks can be experienced by the user if there is a damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Installation file and .NET framework. A text will appear on the screen as:
“Error 1334. Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory.”
“Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.”
When can 1334 QuickBooks Error occur?
Error 1334 Quickbooks 2009 can be seen in the following situations.
- Starting Windows.
- Turning off Windows.
- While installation of QuickBooks.
- While QuickBooks is running in the background.
Identifying QuickBooks Error 1334
You can easily recognize the signs of occurrence of this QBs error. If a user is experiencing some of the situations given below then, you may have this error in your system. The situations are given below.
- The computer system halts and freezes from time to time.
- Windows starts running slowly.
- The keyboard and mouse operations do not respond properly.
- Error messages are displayed periodically.
- Your operating system crashes the active programming Window.
Reasons for QuickBooks Repair Error 1334
Here are a few reasons that can cause the QBs error code 1334 to prevail in your system.
- The malicious entry of Virus and Malware.
- Windows registry corrupted or damaged because of QuickBooks-related software change.
- Windows operating files or QBs related files are damaged.
- Missing QuickBooks access files from the system.
- Improper QuickBooks installation or corrupted installation process.
- Deleting QuickBooks-related folders from your PC.
- Damaged or degenerated QBs application software.
- Corrupted Windows registry files.
Five Methods to Fix Error 1334 Quickbooks
You can fix this type of error by using these user-friendly solutions given below.
Method 1: Reinstallation of MS-Windows
- All the saved data from the system’s hard drive will be erased once you uninstall your operating system and you can have a new Windows with all the junk files removed.
- You can also clean install your operating system so that all the bugged and unnecessary log files accumulated over the time from web surfing and other operations can be removed.
Method 2: Using Clean Install to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks
Firstly, you need to uninstall the Qbs software from your PC. To complete this process, you need to follow the given steps’
- Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and Open Control Panel.
- Step 2: Select “Add/Remove Programs” and search for QuickBooks.
- Step 3: Once you find the software, double click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Step 4: Let the process be completed and tap OK.
Now you need to download the QuickBooks Clean install tool and run the .exe file. Further steps have been discussed below.
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file and save it.
- Double click on the file.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions and proceed forward.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version and then tap on Continue.
- This message will pop up “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory.”
- Click on OK.
As this process is done, rename all the QuickBooks Desktop Installation folders manually.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year).
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
Get ready to install QuickBooks Desktop software and do check if your QuickBooks error 1334 repair has been resolved. If the error still remains, follow the solutions further given as we know even malware causes error code 1334.
- Perform an antivirus scan properly to permanently remove all the junk and unnecessary files from your system.
- Disk Clean Operation can also be done as it helps in removing all the contagious files.
- You can also check for the latest windows update and update your system.
- You can try to install the latest version of QuickBooks.
Method 3: Using Add/Remove Program
- Hold Windows + R and open the run window.
- Write ‘MSConfig‘ in the search box.
- Select the Boot tab‘.
- Choose ‘Safe Boot’ and then click on ‘Network‘.
- Tap on ‘Ok‘ and choose the ‘Restart‘ option.
- Select ‘Safe Mode‘ and try to run your system in this preferred mode only.
- The programs you want to run will be launched easily.
- After the successful completion of this process, you can easily open and run QuickBooks software without any halts and bugs.
- Now double click on ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘ and search for ‘Help’
- Select option ‘Updates’ and let the QuickBooks software complete its updates.
- Again open the run window as above and search ‘MSConfig‘ and remove ‘Safe Mode‘.
- Restart your system to allow the changes to take place.
- As the system is rebooted in normal mode, open QuickBooks and reinstall the updated version that pops up on the screen.
- Let the updates be completed and it would take a couple of minutes.
- On successful update, you can witness that the error code 1334 must have been resolved.
Method 4: Error Popping Up every time after Accessing QuickBooks
If you are getting the error 1334 message every time you open the QBs software, then we are giving you a simple solution to resolve it permanently. You just need to follow the certain steps given below.
- Step 1: Search for the QuickBooks company file and double click on it.
- Step 2: You will find a file named “extension.qbw” then, select it.
- Step 3: After running this file, you will no longer see the error 1334 QuickBooks appear on your computer screen.
Method 5: Fixing Error 1334 Manually
If you are still unable to resolve this error, you can try this easy solution of fixing the error manually. The steps to be followed have been given below.
- Firstly, you should have administrator access in your system.
- Now, log in as Administrator to your PC.
- Choose “Accessories and Programs” and then the “System Tools” option.
- Under “System Tools”, Select “Restore”.
- Click on “Restore my PC with an earlier date” and tap on ‘Next.
- Select the point restoration list and hit “Next“.
- Again click on “Next”, choose the latest system restore date.
- After the successful completion of this repair process, restart your PC.
In most of the conditions, you will be able to fix the error 1334 efficiently with our troubleshooting methods discussed above. But in some cases, you might still see the error, so we advise you to take proper guidance from a knowledgeable professional with IT expertise in the related field.