Quickbooks has been a massive success when it comes to surprising people with its varied range of features but it does have certain operational errors and bugs as well and one of its kind is Quickbooks update error 1328. Before getting into the reasons and how to resolve Error 1328 Quickbooks, we need to briefly know about this error.
Quickbooks update error 1328 can be seen when you update, install, uninstall or repair the QuickBooks program. The error file can be viewed as c:/config.ms/PT**.TMP. This folder is a temporary directory for storing data and relaunches installation if there is a failure in installation. This data is self-deleted once the installation is successfully completed.
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Here is a list of reasons which can cause Quickbooks update error 1328.
- Computer system glitch while downloading the software.
- The corrupted software file can occur in this kind of error.
- The appearance of network error while installing the software.
- Failed installation and update.
- Power Failure and instant system shutdown.
- Virus and malware attack.
Indicators for Quickbooks 2016 Update Error 1328
You can witness this update error while working on your system and for your assistance, we have mentioned some indicators that would help you in identifying this error.
- You cannot install, uninstall or update QuickBooks.
- Even the repair process of the system does not function properly.
- QB software stops and error code 1328 QuickBooks is displayed on the screen.
- Windows stop and freezes frequently.
- The system’s response time tends to become very high.
Solutions to Tackle Quickbooks 2016 Error 1328
To fix this kind of updating error, we are providing you the best and most efficient ways that can be easily followed by you. Further steps are given below.
Solution 1: Locating config.msi File
- Step 1: Right Click on the mouse and select Explore.
- Step 2: Open the drive C by double-clicking on it.
- Step 3: Now you need to find the hidden files and folders under this drive.
- Step4: To find hidden files, Tap on the Tools option and now choose the folders option.
- Step 5: Choose the tab option and click on hidden files as well as folders.
- Step 6: Click on Apply All Changes and tap OK.
- Step 7: Now, right-click on config.msi and rename it.
- Step 8: Before the file extension name, add old ^ and press Enter.
- Step 9: This will help in protecting your system and all the necessary hidden folders.
Solution 2: Repairing Quickbooks Installation Process
- Step 1: Click on the Start menu and Open Control Panel.
- Step 2: Now, select the Programs and Features option
- Step 3: You can find the QuickBooks section and then tap on it to uninstall it.
- Step 4: Select the repair tab after the QBs installer appears.
- Step 5: Run the application but you need to apply the patch once this process is completed
- Step 6: Patch can be easily applied. But if there is some software issue and the patch cannot be applied then you can follow the next solution below.
Solution 3: Using Registry Repair Tool
- Step 1: Firstly, Apply the registry repair tool and try to repair the registry entries related to Quickbooks software.
- Step 2: Now take a malware removal tool and fix the malware attacks on your computer.
- Step 3: You need to have a clean system with all the junk and outdated files removed from your computer device.
- Step 4: You should also uninstall and remove all the outdated PC device drivers.
- Step 5: Now restore the settings by using Undo” under Recent System Changes.
- Step 6: Uninstall the QBs application and reinstall it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Step 7: Scan and run the Windows System File Checker.
- Step 8: Now, You can install all the important updates.
Solution 4: Using A Clean Installation to Reinstall
After successfully uninstalling the application, you need to reinstall it using the steps given below.
- Firstly, You can directly install QuickBooks from the installation CD Drive.
- Secondly, you can install the Qbs software via the download file in your system. Follow the ongoing steps on the screen and the process of reinstallation will be completed.
You May Also Like, Methods To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Payroll Update Error 15106
Solution 5: Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the internet
- Step 2: Double click the .exe file and install this diagnostic tool.
- Step 3: After a successful installation, Save the file as per your desired location.
- Step 4: Close all the running programs and run the QB Install Tool.
- Step 5: Lastly, Restart the system after a successful update of all the components.
[* The process of installation is a bit time consuming and can take up to 20 minutes as it depends on the internet connectivity and system’s configuration]
Solution 6: Resolve 1328 Update Error Quickbooks While Updating Point of sale v18 and v12 to latest release (r4 and r14)
When you are updating the Qbs Point of Sale V12 or V18 latest version, you will receive
a pop up as Error 1328 and error 2350: FDI Host” or “Microsoft Install Error: Error, 1328.”
We are providing you two methods that will help you to resolve this QuickBooks error 1328 error updating the file.
- The file name should be renamed to: “C:\Config.MSU\PTFB53.tmp” and then you should reinstall the patch.
- Now reinstall Point of Sale and update it and apply the patch again.
This FDI server error can also occur when the update installer gets a different version of QuickBooks.It can be resolved by clicking on the ignore button every time it flashes up.
Solution 7: Installing or Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
There are times when antivirus and anti-spyware programs attack the QBs Desktop installation process. In case this happens, you need to install the QuickBooks Desktop in the selective startup as this helps in running selective programs on a computer. To know more about this process, you need to follow the certain steps given below.
- Step 1: Press Windows+ R to access the run command.
- Step 2: Write MSConfig and tap OK
- Step 3: Under the general tab, click on Selective startup and load system services.
- Step 4: Select Disable All.
- Step 5: Uncheck the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Step 6: Now make sure that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected under the service list. If not selected, mark it and hit OK.
- Step 7: Restart it from the system configuration window.
You can also choose another method for restoring your system to its normal configuration.
The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Open the run command and Hold Windows + R
- Step 2: Write MSConfig and press OK
- Step 3: Find the General tab and choose Normal Startup and then hit OK.
- Step 4: Now, select the restart option from the System Configuration Window.
We have tried our best to provide the easiest ways to troubleshoot Quickbooks update error 1328 and are hopeful that our article is informative enough to help you in resolving this kind of update error. If still, you are unable to fix this issue, you can take help from professionals with expertise in this field.