Transformation in the business and accounting world has come from the dynamic and dominant tool Quickbooks. With its versatilities and easy to access features, not only professionals but even non-professionals using it for security purposes. It turns out to be the only companion of business owners who can do any task without bearing the fear of loss. Not only it facilitates the business world but also transforms it into another level by growing small business entrepreneurs in this big world. But, being software, it often encounters some glitches and bugs that bring so many Quickbooks errors into the system. Quickbooks Abort error is one such error that can harm the QBWUSER.INI file. In order to fix the error issue, read the guide below contains all the things that you should know.
But, before moving on to the later sections of the article, first, we must tell you what we are going to cover in this blog post. You are going to enlighten yourself with the brief knowledge of Quickbooks abort error, its causes and symptoms, and later on the signs and symptoms to eradicate the error issue.
With the solutions below, you will surely resolve the error issue and save your QBWUSER.INI from getting corrupted. So, adhere yourself till the end of the article and get to know about so many fixes that you will thoroughly enjoy doing it. Now, let’s start the article with the first section.
What is Quickbooks Abort Error?
Many users reported encountering the Quickbooks abort error on their system when the QBWUSER.INI file becomes damaged or corrupted. Due to this damage and corruption, the system comes across an unexpected crash and sudden crash which hinders the workflow. You might encounter the closing down of Quickbooks and sluggish performance of other programs due to the error. It also denies you access to the company file and if you have done any kind of change to the program or the data then also you can bear the loss of changes.
Factors leading to Quickbooks keeps Aborting
Well, there can be many causes and factors that can lead to the error. But here are mentioned some of the most responsible. So, know about them as follows:
- If the QBWUSER.INI files got missing from Quickbooks then you can have the error issue.
- Corruption in Quickbooks software.
- Windows Operating System becomes damaged and corrupted then also you can encounter Quickbooks abort error.
- Try to use Quickbooks different versions on a multi-user mode can lead to the error.
- You left the Quickbooks updates in between and thus lead to the error issue.
- Acquiring and using a corrupted hard drive is a threat to your system as it leads to the error.
- If the antivirus does not allow Quickbooks to carry on with the further procedure.
- Firewall, when not correctly configured then you can encounter the error.
- Mistakenly, shutting down the system without saving the process.
You can easily troubleshoot each and every cause with the easy solutions and methods provided below. But before jumping directly to them, let’s first consider how you can easily identify Quickbooks abort error with signs prompting on your system screen.
You may also like:How To Fix Quickbooks Sync Manager Error?
Signs to Identify Quickbooks Abort Error
Just like any other Quickbooks error signaling the user about the technical glitches in the system. Quickbooks abort error does the same by bringing these signs to the system. Check them out below to identify Quickbooks abort errors.
- When the user witnesses a sudden system crash.
- Without any error message, the system is frequently getting closed or shut down.
- There can be a fatal app that can lead the program to be aborted.
- The user can encounter the Quickbooks unrecoverable error message with the description of the error.
- Witnessing freezing of software that leads to the shut down of the program.
- This eventually happens in windows 8 where the user sees the termination of the Quickbooks desktop.
So, these are the signs and symptoms that the user sees in the running system. If you are having any of these symptoms in your device then you only need to perform the troubleshoot below that will enhances the working of the system and also resolve all the causes that arising these kinds of signs in your system. Now, move on towards the solutions to fix Quickbooks abort error.
Several Solutions To Fix Quickbooks Keeps Aborting
Below are provided some of the best easy solutions that you can perform on your device. The only thing that you need to consider before starting the procedure is to perform each and every step carefully and do not skip anyone. So, let’s get started with the solutions.
Solution 1: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic tool
Quickbooks install diagnostic tool is the super tool developed by Intuit. If you want to know more about this amazing tool, then you can click on the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool and you will be provided everything related to this dynamic tool. With the help of the tool, you can easily fix the installation issues. Coming back to the solution, follow the steps below to carry out the procedure:
- The first step that you need to do is to install Quickbooks diagnostic tool.
- Now, launch the tool by double-clicking on its icon.
- Done with that, check the following things.
- First, check the error is resolved or not, if it is resolved that signals that the files are not corrupted and safe to their location.
- But, if the error detected then the user first needs to repair the file and after that restore the backup.
Solution 2: Run Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
This is another best tool offered by Intuit to Quickbooks users. You can also get to know about its amazing capabilities by clicking on the Quickbooks file doctor tool. The tool helps you to fix company file issues. In order to run it, you have to go through the steps goes like:
- Firstly, download the Quickbooks file doctor tool on your system.
- Locate the tool.
- Try to open the tool that is appearing on your system with the name QBFD.exe
- Now, in order to install it, navigate to the on-screen guidelines and thus make a step forward in installing it.
- The file will run automatically once the installation process completes and if not, then you can double-click on it and make it run on your system.
This will surely eradicate the error issue but if the cause is some other then move on towards the next solution.
Solution 3: Run Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
This is another solution that you can try on your device. Take the lead of the steps below to proceed with the procedure.
- Firstly, try to open the Quickbooks desktop and then choose the File menu.
- Select Utilities and thereon, from the list select verify data.
- Now, you have to check that the error message still persists or not, if it is gone then the issue is resolved but if not then you have to run the rebuild tool.
- While checking, if the error message comes with the text stating Your data has lost integrity then move on towards the next steps.
- Again go to the File menu, select Utilities, and then click on the rebuild data.
- When the backup company file window popup then hit on the OK tab.
- In order to save the backup of the company file, you need to choose the location on your system.
- Try to verify that the data rebuild process has begun or not.
- Lastly, choose the option to restore the backup copy.
Solution 4: Configuring Firewall
After performing all the steps below, if the error still persists then move on to this solution where you have to perform the configuration of the firewall. You can take the help of the below steps to start the procedure:
- Firstly, go to the windows start menu.
- Now, you need to enter Windows Firewall.
- Select the tab named advanced settings.
- Choose the inbound rules and then move on towards the new rule.
- After performing the above steps, choose the Port and then hit the next button.
- Make sure that you select the TCP.
- Navigate to the specific local ports box and enter specific ports of your Quickbooks version.
- Then, hit on the next tab.
- Select the option Allow the connection and then proceed by hitting the next button.
- Ensure to mark all the profiles and click on the Next button once again.
- Try to craft a rule and name it as well.
- Finally, hit the finish tab to end the process.
Now, you need to check that the error persists or not. If it is there then you can move on towards the next solution.
You may also like: Quick Ways To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error the File Exists
Solution 5: Test the Hosting status of Quickbooks
- Start the process by moving towards the file menu.
- Click on the Utilities option.
- Now, select stop hosting to multi-user access.
- Try to open the company file on multi-user mode.
- The final step that you need to do is to checkmark the box named Open file in multi-user mode.
Solution 6: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
Proceed to this solution, if the error is not resolved from any of the solutions. In this solution, the user needs to rename the QBWUSER.INI file but it can cause the deletion of the last list of files opened that required you to start the files manually. Moving back to the solution, perform the steps below:
- You need to first find that folder having a QBWUSER.INI file.
- Now, move to the location :\[username]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\.
- Tap on the QBWUSER.INI
- Select the rename option and then add .OLD as a suffix to the file.
- Try to rename the .ecml file.
- End the process by opening the file.
Move on to the last solution, if the Quickbooks abort error still arising on your system.
Solution 7: Disable Antivirus
Antivirus sometimes hinders the way of other programs. So, you need to disable it and other security programs as well. But, it requires you to consult with an IT expert before proceeding with the disabling process as it can create a further mess and thereon worsen the situation. So, it would be great if you consult an IT expert before proceeding with disabling antivirus.
We hope that all these solutions will help you in resolving the Quickbooks abort error. All these solutions will definitely eradicate the error issue but if somehow your system prompts up with the error message again then you can contact the Quickbooks customer care team. They will provide you better help in this matter.
You can also check out other articles like Quickbooks Won’t Open that covering all the possible solutions and things that you should know as a Quickbooks user. If you are facing any other Quickbooks error that we might forget to include in our site then let us know in the comment section, we will surely come up with all the best troubleshoots that can help you in resolving that error issue.