Quicken and Quickbooks are two accounting software developed by Intuit. Quicken provides the platform for tracking personal as well as business transactions while Quickbooks is wholly made for business purposes. As for the pricing range, Quicken proves good for the users who are having less budget to acquire the fully-fledged accounting software Quickbooks. But, when the business rises and the user wants to take the lead of Quickbooks then he/she is required to convert Quicken to Quickbooks.
But, as a newcomer to Quickbooks, the users face difficulties in doing the task of converting Quicken to Quickbooks as it can harm the data stored in the software. So, if you also want to convert Quicken file to Quickbooks then read the article below suggesting steps and processes of how to do it.
Quickbooks Utilities and Quicken Converter are the two other tools that you need here in the process. Before proceeding and taking the lead of some tips and tricks. Let’s first discuss below the things that you should keep in mind before converting Quicken to Quickbooks online.
Let us have a look at the fundamental differences between Quicken vs Quickbooks tools before proceeding with the guide so that we can choose the software that will help us the most with our business operation.
Convert Quicken to Quickbooks with these Tips
These points are essential for the better functionality of your business. If you start the procedure before taking into consideration the suggestions mentioned below then you might get hindrances in the process.
- As the procedure is irreversible, you cannot get back your Quicken file once you convert it into a Quickbooks file thus it can result in loss of files. If you did not take this point into consideration then you may lose your important file.
- So, in order to prevent the loss, you can create the backup for the Quicken file that will be used in the conversion process. With this, you can access the Quicken file from Quicken as well.
- If you are having your Quicken file on Mac then you have to convert it into Quicken Windows file as Quickbooks only supports Quicken windows file and thus convert it into Quickbooks files.
When Quicken Converter Tool Can be Used?
This is also very important for users like you who don’t have earlier knowledge of converting Quicken files to Quickbooks as this will provide you the situations where we can have the best use of the Quicken Converter Tool.
- If you are having different versions of Quickbooks and Quicken then you can use the Quicken converter tool. For instance, if you are acquiring Quicken 2017 and want to convert the file into Quickbooks 2019 then you can use the tool.
- But, you cannot use it if you are having the same versions of Quickbooks and Quicken like Quicken 2019 and Quickbooks 2019.
- As we told you earlier and repeating it one more time for you, before converting the Quicken mac files into Quickbooks, first convert the Quicken mac file into a Quicken Windows file and then carry on with the further solution. This is not mandatory only with the Quicken converter tool but also with the Quickbooks Utilities.
You may also like: Quickbooks enterprise for mac
How to convert Quicken to Quickbooks online With Quickbooks Utilities?
With the steps provided below, you can easily convert Quicken to Quickbooks. So, without any further delay, let’s move towards the steps given below:
- The first step that you are required to do is to go to Quickbooks and click on the File.
- Select the Utility option from the list that appears in the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Convert and then to From Quicken.
- Now, you have to locate the file related to Quicken and open it with the (.QDF) extension.
- The system prompts with some instructions, you just need to follow it for completing the conversion properly.
How to Convert Quicken files to Quickbooks with Quicken Converter?
The first thing that you need to do is to download the Quicken Converter tool on the system with the version that can regulate the process with the available Quickbooks version. After the completion of the download process, you have to proceed with the step below:
- First, launch the Quicken Converter that you downloaded and then click on the next.
- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking on “I accept the terms in the license agreement.”
- Now, click on the next tab.
- In order to install the Quicken Converter tool on the system, you have to click on next and then on install.
- Choose the option “Launch Quicken Converter” and click on the Finish tab.
- Then, you have to select “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows” and then choose the option Get started.
- First, click on “Open a data file located on this computer” and then click on Select file.
- After that, browse the file related to Quicken (.QDF) and hit the OK tab.
- Click convert it and go to OK.
- At last, save the new Quicken Data file (.QDF) by clicking on save and then on exit.
So, these are the two ways through which you can convert Quicken files to Quickbooks. Keep in mind to perform all the steps as described to have better functionality and performance of the business which again depends on the security of these Quicken files that you want to convert.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I directly convert from Quicken to Quickbooks online?
You cannot instantly convert from Quicken to Quickbooks. You have to go through several steps to achieve the targeted task. First, you have to convert Quicken to Quickbooks Desktop and then to Quickbooks Online. This way you can convert Quicken to Quickbooks online but not directly. While doing the conversion you might come across a corrupt download of the software, which might lead to many errors including an error that might be QuickBooks error 1722.
As a substitute for it, you can also use a (.CSV) format to convert a Quicken report and then bringing in the file into Quickbooks online. Quickbooks is considered one of the best accounting tools that are available in the market. But, sometimes the situation occurs and it can give out some errors, these errors can relate to the bank-side servers as well. One such error is called Quickbooks online error 102.
2. How can I convert the Quicken report into (.CSV)?
You need to follow the steps below to do the procedure.
- Go to the file that will be converted into (.CSV).
- Choose the export option.
- Select Export to CSV.
- Type a name.
- At last, save the file to the desired location.
3. How is Quicken different from Quickbooks?
However, both are the software of Intuit and developed to help small entrepreneurs but Quicken is different from Quickbooks in every sense. Whether it be about features, pricing, benefits, and working procedure they are different from each other. Also, keep an eye if your firewall is blocking Quickbooks from opening, this might happen sometimes and all you need to do is keep an eye on this error, If it persists then you might need to take some steps and do the needful.
Well, the most basic difference is that Quickbooks provides you a wide platform specifically for business owners but Quickens provides you the platform for personal and business finance. So, it is best for people who are contractual and freelancers professionally.
4. Which one is better Quicken or Quickbooks?
Both of them are better in their own ways but it merely depends on you and your requirement which falls under one of these tools. If you are looking for a tool only for business management then you can move towards Quickbooks and if you want to keep the record of your personal side business as well then you can go for Quicken.
5. What is QDF?
QDF or Quicken Document File is a financial data format used by Quicken. The file is used for transactions, portfolios, saving accounts, balance information, and so on.
We hope that you have received all your answers related to the query. Kindly let us know which tool you use for converting your Quicken files into Quickbooks and also leave a reply in the comment section if you find this article relevant and informative.